Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: corsets & kink-wear

With the quad gut, you really need to get a corset that's both long enough for your body type and cut long in the center of the front.

If you have a bit of a belly and try wearing a corset with a straight edge at the bottom, the garment is likely to push the extra padding out of the bottom than it is to hold it in. (This is especially true if you like to tight-lace your boned corsets.) It's not an attractive look.

Also, it's not a good idea for anyone with a Baclofen pump to wear a tightly-laced boned corset. It can negatively affect the intrathecal catheter, especially if it's located in your mid-lower thoracic spine.

While it may be expensive to have a corset custom made, it's worth the investment. This is a garment you want and need to fit you like a second skin, and a custom made one will do that and last forever.

Fans of fetish wear, unite.
    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

how does that not ride up - i can't get stuff like that to stay where i want it..

Quote Originally Posted by Jades View Post
    Hi,
    I wear a front-closing version of this kind of relatively inexpensive Flexees corset every day; they are very comfortable and give me a bit of an hourglass shape, too, even sitting down, and holds everything in the right places. To make them a bit stronger and able to hold their shape, I replace the more flexible metal stays in the front panels with two sturdier steel stays. These can be found through most sewing outlets and corsetry websites.

Unfortunately it looks like Maidenform might have recently discontinued the hook-and-eye front closure version of this, called "Instant Slimmer(R) Long Torso Waistnipper," which is so much easier to put on than I suspect a pull-on version like this one would be - I will have to start a campaign to bring them back! These fast became an essential part of my wardrobe, and trying to find a suitable replacement would be very difficult.

http://www.maidenform.com/shapewear/...istshaper-3939

Anyone else have any experience with these? I first found them at Sears in the late '90s and wore them as an AB. I'm going to keep looking around for the front-closing version before I throw a fit to Maidenform...

Update: Here's an Amazon link that shows the version I buy, though the mannequin is wearing the hook-and-eye on the back

http://www.amazon.com/Flexees-Instan...7&sr=8-3-fkmr0
    "We must become the change we want to see in the world." Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by thehipcrip View Post
    With the quad gut, you really need to get a corset that's both long enough for your body type and cut long in the center of the front.

If you have a bit of a belly and try wearing a corset with a straight edge at the bottom, the garment is likely to push the extra padding out of the bottom than it is to hold it in. (This is especially true if you like to tight-lace your boned corsets.) It's not an attractive look.

Also, it's not a good idea for anyone with a Baclofen pump to wear a tightly-laced boned corset. It can negatively affect the intrathecal catheter, especially if it's located in your mid-lower thoracic spine.

While it may be expensive to have a corset custom made, it's worth the investment. This is a garment you want and need to fit you like a second skin, and a custom made one will do that and last forever.

Fans of fetish wear, unite.
    great advise hip, they are just soooo expensive...
    "We must become the change we want to see in the world." Gandhi

They do ride up a little and I do have to adjust them often, which is a pain, but it is worth it to me to have a little control over the shape of things.

They definitely take some getting used to wearing, and individual adjustments according to your taste and comfort might be necessary just like any other item of clothing or tool. They're tight, and should be, and even if you don't have feeling in your midsection (I don't), you might still have a "bound" kind of feeling that can take some getting used to.

I've just used this particular item as a base for creating something that I feel comfortable wearing and that helps with confidence and shaping as well as posture. There are so many more expensive ways to do these same things, but I hope to inspire more ladies to try and make things that are inexpensive and that fit - I'm trying to motivate myself to do it more often, too! Even if it ends up in the experiment pile, it might foster new ideas to make an even better thing next time.