Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Went to the woods today!

Mswife - they've changed wheels/tires, that's good. I did not have a flat free option, and those drive wheels are way cooler looking than mine. I think we squirted about 10 seconds worth of Slime in the drive tires, didn't really know either.

Deadeye - thanks. We get a lot of attention. Camping at the track is about a mile from our seats so Randa loves to ride. She gets a lot of comments from other women walking,as we pass them, "aw man that's the way to travel", or "that's cheating!" Plus we pack our smaller packs into the cooler too, so win-win.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

I used to wear a bib type snowmobile pants that I'd put on in bed over my other cloths. My wife made me a pair of down filled leg warmers that have a zipper on the side. They are very warm. The outside cover is made of rip-stop, camo colored.
    From the time you were born till you ride in a hearse, there is nothing so bad that it couldn't be worse!

All fringe benifits must be authorized by Helen Waite, if you want your SCI fixed go to Helen Waite!

Why be politically correct when you can be right!

MSW-------that is the best picture ever!!!!!!! Great job getting the chair for him, and thank you for getting another hunter back in the woods!

That is one impressive rig..

McD----daggone ya'll sure know how to ride! That pic was worth a good laugh..

I owe each of you a big thank you. This site has taught me so much and has made things so much easier for both David and I. I know things will never be exactly like they were before but we are trying as much as possible. I first heard of Innovation in Motion and their extreme chairs here. Insurance wouldn't even hear it but I was determined and ended up getting a really good deal on line. It was also here that I have followed your outings and hunts and have realized that this is all possible again. Nascar is something else David loves, never thought about trying that because he is so worried about what people think of him in a chair now. But this new chair has brought something out of him that I can't describe. He just seems so much more alive and willing to enjoy life again. He has MS and his vision isn't always the best to see the computer but I have showed him posts with deer pictures, fishing pictures, even the cruisin cooler and he seems so interested again. I can't say thank you enough to each and everyone of you not just for the outdoor info but every aspect of this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I used to wear a bib type snowmobile pants that I'd put on in bed over my other cloths. My wife made me a pair of down filled leg warmers that have a zipper on the side. They are very warm. The outside cover is made of rip-stop, camo colored.
    I was actually thinking about cutting the legs off of his camo bibs and making them into leg warmers. I didn't know if he would go for that or not as he still believes he will walk again. I think the leg warmer idea would be easier to put on and off that way you don't get to warm indoors or in the vehicle. Also would eliminate all that extra material on his bottom side which could cause pressure problems.

Quote Originally Posted by McDuff View Post
    Mswife - they've changed wheels/tires, that's good. I did not have a flat free option, and those drive wheels are way cooler looking than mine. I think we squirted about 10 seconds worth of Slime in the drive tires, didn't really know either.
    He calls them his mags! They are sharp. I will try the 10 secs worth - thanks.

Am soo glad another hunter is into the woods. Way to go MSW, your one good wife, they don't make many like you anymore!! Good luck, both of you.

I'm so glad he enjoyed it! I've had my X5 for 3 1/2 years and love it. So do my daughters ;-)
    Dave

Outstanding!!! I'll bet he's on top of the world after that outing.

Good comment by McDuff about Slime. Even still, it occurred to me that it would probably be a good idea to keep a pocket-sized CO2 inflator handy with a few refill cartridges for outings like this, if air loss is a potential concern. Find them at about any bike shop and just grab the cheap CO2 from Walmart. Even with Slime, stuff can happen.

Nascar is something else David loves, never thought about trying that because he is so worried about what people think of him in a chair now.
    Bah. Most people hardly notice, others just want to go for a ride. Besides, if this guy cruises around, anybody can:

"a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"