Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Virgin Mary Apparition in Cairo Egypt 12 & 16 Dec 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Français View Post
    No, it's a simple typo; I hadn't even noticed it until you showed me.
    Just pickin on ya Todd. Merry Christmas brother
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by drnader View Post
    There was one woman suffering diabetic retinopathy who began to see well.
    We all wish for miracles for paraplegics and paralysis, but we can only hope and keep our faith (as much as we can).
    Gee, a miracle with absolutely no proof. That beats the parting of the Red Sea.

but why not glorify holy men & women, why not pay them much respect, we pay homage to great people and artists like Beethoven, the martyrs & the apostles for instance, why not for Mother Mary and other saints;
    that I never understood about the Protestant faith.
    Mary was a mother to only only her biological children, including Jesus. Calling her Mother Mary and the Queen of Heaven are blasphemous because they're titles of undue veneration. How is she the Queen of Heaven when she was a person like everyone else? She wasn't even part of the Trinity, a common doctrine among Christians.

Another note: Mary, the Virgin, wasn't a virgin her entire life as much as some Catholics love to promote the idea. There's absolutely no evidence she never consummated her marriage and had biological children after Jesus. This is just another attempt to demonize sex.

The orthodox church does not see Mary as the queen of heaven, but rather the mother of God and the mother of the light brought to the world in the form of Jesus Christ.
    The reason God chose her to be the mother of his fleshy form, is just intriguing and shows how holy and distinguished among the people of all generations she is.
    Although I am not that religious, I know that the orthodox faith does not call her the queen of heaven, we rather believe that Jesus is the King of Heaven and he will come again in his might to judge us on doomsday.
    To tell you the truth, we glorify her as we glorify all good mothers of decent children, so why not glorify the chosen mother on earth.
    We love u Mary as you glorified the image of mothers all over the ages.
    PS. Watch the passion of Christ by Mel Gibson, and you will notice the depth of her motherhood.
    I hope one day you will love her as great mother and idol for all of us humans.
    PS2. My wife tells me that Mary was celibate till her death among the disciples, and it is written in the book of the disciples; that remains to be verified...

There are other reports that Mother is appearing in PortSaid on the Suez canals, and that she is continuing to appear all over Egypt.
    That solidifies my opinion that Egyptian Orthodox Copts are going through hard times in the near future.

One more thing, Americans must understand that other people of many different regions are different psychologically, they like a touch of faith in their everyday life and love their faith and believe it deeply and behave by it. They want to have something like a backup in their life when their world go down.
    That is why they overcome in the many ordeals faced by them all over the different eras (like in Egypt for example; the Copts have been around for about 2000 years, as a minority suffering in every era from different types of mistreatments.
    So please understand how important these messages of hope for the simple hearts of such enduring people.)
    I think that mother Mary appears in support for such people who are need of it, I don't think she will appear in the USA, she is afraid to be of no value and the whole incident will be discarded, as a UFO!!!!
    Bless u all.

My wife tells me that Mary was celibate till her death among the disciples, and it is written in the book of the disciples; that remains to be verified...
    The book of the disciples? Where is this book? I've never heard of such a document. Did Joseph simply jerk off their entire marriage? Would it be that bad to imagine Mary, Jesus' mother, enjoying an orgasm with her husband? She was human for God's sake.

One more thing, Americans must understand that other people of many different regions are different psychologically, they like a touch of faith in their everyday life and love their faith and believe it deeply and behave by it.
    Amen!

I am not religious at all, even claiming to be atheist, but I am abhorred by the responses in this thread! I will not have anyone's religion mocked!

Respect, people.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Personally, I would love to see a miracle.
    Veni.Vidi,Velcro...I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Vidi, Vici, et Veni, et Veni, et Veni...

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    I will not have anyone's religion mocked!
    Did you roar when you typed that lynnifer?

This whole thread is a mockery of what I believe in. I've been gentle, and have posted with the best of intentions, humor-wise.

This is what is probably more in line with the actual truth, and it's along the lines of what I've believed for a long time. The actions of sub-atomic particles is what is miraculous, in the non-religious sense of the word.
    Does Death Exist? New Theory Says 'No'

Many of us fear death. We believe in death because we have been told we will die. We associate ourselves with the body, and we know that bodies die. But a new scientific theory suggests that death is not the terminal event we think.

One well-known aspect of quantum physics is that certain observations cannot be predicted absolutely. Instead, there is a range of possible observations each with a different probability. One mainstream explanation, the "many-worlds" interpretation, states that each of these possible observations corresponds to a different universe (the 'multiverse').

A new scientific theory - called biocentrism - refines these ideas. There are an infinite number of universes, and everything that could possibly happen occurs in some universe. Death does not exist in any real sense in these scenarios. All possible universes exist simultaneously, regardless of what happens in any of them.

Although individual bodies are destined to self-destruct, the alive feeling - the 'Who am I?'- is just a 20-watt fountain of energy operating in the brain. But this energy doesn't go away at death. One of the surest axioms of science is that energy never dies; it can neither be created nor destroyed. But does this energy transcend from one world to the other?

More
    Biocentrism

If people believe that the mother of Jesus is appearing all over the world, fine, but expect a jest or two, all in good 'faith.' That isn't making a mockery of anyone's religion, it's an attempt at humor, no matter how poor. Mother Mary seems to appear in any and all mediums, everywhere, every year, every day.

I did hear that she was going to throw the moon at the Earth on Dec 21 2012, from a true believer of Christ, no less. Also, America isn't psychologically different than other areas of the world by not believing in the appearance of the Virgin, on the contrary, we hear about it all the time in America, and many Americans fervently believe in miracles and the good mother's appearances. These people get solace and comfort from what they believe, many need this reassurance, so it's not something that is missing in America, as drnader implies to an extent.

I tend to believe that we create the world, the world hasn't created us. We create space and time, it is a construct of our minds.

I apologize to you drnader if any of my posts have offended. Peace be with you.

Happy Holidays everyone. I love you ynnifer, you're one of my favorites, even if you're being a big meanie to me right now

20 watts baby, 20 watts...
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!