Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 49

Thread: Virgin Mary Apparition in Cairo Egypt 12 & 16 Dec 2009

  1. #11
    There was reports of miracles occurring at the site of the apparition.
    I also wonder why this time? She appeared before for many days in 1968 and Egypt was in bad shape in the war with Israel, and 5 years later Egypt won the War and broke a peace deal.
    I fear the timing of these apparition carries a message of great distress for Egypt's Copts in the future.

  2. #12
    Senior Member rdf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Someplace between Nowhere and Goodbye
    Posts
    12,961
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Français View Post
    Even if you believe the Gospels, why would Mary appear? She wasn't a diety nor part of it. Certainly, bless her and respect her, but I doubt she's making appearances.
    You spelled deity wrong; tsk tsk tsk, shame on you Todd Happy Holidays friend
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

    Thanks!

  3. #13
    Senior Member rdf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Someplace between Nowhere and Goodbye
    Posts
    12,961
    Quote Originally Posted by drnader View Post
    There was reports of miracles occurring at the site of the apparition.
    I also wonder why this time? She appeared before for many days in 1968 and Egypt was in bad shape in the war with Israel, and 5 years later Egypt won the War and broke a peace deal.
    I fear the timing of these apparition carries a message of great distress for Egypt's Copts in the future.
    I heard the other day in church that Mother Mary was going to actually pick up the moon and throw it at the earth, just because she can. God bless her, she's a woman of action, of that there is no doubt. My kind of gal
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

    Thanks!

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by rdf View Post
    You spelled deity wrong; tsk tsk tsk, shame on you Todd Happy Holidays friend
    Oh, shit, I must have been thinking of being ripped.



  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by drnader View Post
    Copts and Catholics think differently, they Glorify Her and I see no reason not to.
    Maybe because the same book that includes Mary says to only glorify God. I don't know.


  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by drnader View Post
    There was reports of miracles occurring at the site of the apparition.
    I call bullshit on that. Where's the proof? Where's the man who just walked after 20 years in a wheelchair?


  7. #17
    Senior Member rdf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Someplace between Nowhere and Goodbye
    Posts
    12,961
    Speaking of ripped, the folks in the grammar and spelling thread would probably rip you a new one should I point them this-a-way
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Français View Post
    Oh, shit, I must have been thinking of being ripped.

    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

    Thanks!

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Français View Post
    I call bullshit on that. Where's the proof? Where's the man who just walked after 20 years in a wheelchair?
    There was one woman suffering diabetic retinopathy who began to see well.
    We all wish for miracles for paraplegics and paralysis, but we can only hope and keep our faith (as much as we can).

    Don't be upset, but miracles happen in many different ways...

    NB. there are reports of new apparitions in Shobra, another place in Cairo. It seems mother Mary just loves us!!!!!!

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Français View Post
    Maybe because the same book that includes Mary says to only glorify God. I don't know.
    but why not glorify holy men & women, why not pay them much respect, we pay homage to great people and artists like Beethoven, the martyrs & the apostles for instance, why not for Mother Mary and other saints;
    that I never understood about the Protestant faith.

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by rdf View Post
    Speaking of ripped, the folks in the grammar and spelling thread would probably rip you a new one should I point them this-a-way
    No, it's a simple typo; I hadn't even noticed it until you showed me.


Similar Threads

  1. now mary, from peter, paul and mary
    By cass in forum Life
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-17-2009, 11:41 PM
  2. EMS 2009 Call for Papers: Sept. 20-22, 2009, Beijing, China wl
    By wendy88520 in forum Science, Medicine, & Technology
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-08-2008, 09:13 PM
  3. Trip to Cairo
    By zepac in forum Recreation, Sports, Travel, & Hobbies
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-26-2008, 03:51 AM
  4. Mary Bunge at Mary Free Bed
    By JoJo in forum Cure
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-19-2004, 11:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •