Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: avatar- better dead than paralyzed

I dont get it? Havent seen it yet and am now affraid to go with hubby? What the what?

Quote Originally Posted by newbee View Post
    I dont get it? Havent seen it yet and am now affraid to go with hubby? What the what?
    Why are you?
    C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

Just saw this yesteday Imax 3d.

Absolutely amazing couldn't describe it in words, just go see it.
    T-10 complete, May 8th 2005(Mother's Day)
    Cripple Pride!

Quote Originally Posted by pararich View Post
    Good point.
    Some of the ways of this world sicken me.
    The support from CC is something positive.
    Since I'm off to bed, I'll think about that, instead!
    I wrote this last night.
    I was just thinking about how much money is involved in things like cool movies. Yet, too often money isn't made available to meet people's real needs.
    Rich

Quote Originally Posted by pararich View Post
    I wrote this last night.
    I was just thinking about how much money is involved in things like cool movies. Yet, too often money isn't made available to meet people's real needs.
    But it isn't like all the money it took to create something like Avatar is just disappearing into some black void or into one person's bank account.
    I think there must be a substantial number of people who gain
    jobs and salaries from being involved involved in such a project, either directly or indirectly. I am not talking about big name stars but people like costume designers, computer animators, movie extras, those who do the camera and lighting work. Even things like catering companies who provide food, those who provide security, etc. The salaries paid out are helping to meet those people's needs.
    Last edited by orangejello; 01-05-2010 at 01:42 PM.

Saw the film last week, great visuals but lacking in plot and no meat on the bones of each character. Thought the battle scene at the end would never end and the 2.5 hrs was too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
    That was a cool effect in that the ashes from the fires felt like they were raining down inside the thearter. I wonder if the Aliens were a cross between giant Cats and humans? they kinda looked like Cat people? Maybe the Army guys shoulda just dropped a load of giant furballs and that woulda kept the natives occupied while they stole their precious metals Its no wonder Cory liked the movie so much, all those Cats
    I think it is a Stryker chair
    Every day I wake up is a good one

I watched on divx. Thought it was nice movie. Love , hate , overcoming the worst situation , Greed , Losing , Winning , was great film for Cameron
    oh well

Quote Originally Posted by orangejello View Post
    But it isn't like all the money it took to create something like Avatar is just disappearing into some black void or into one person's bank account.
    I think there must be a substantial number of people who gain
    jobs and salaries from being involved involved in such a project, either directly or indirectly. I am not talking about big name stars but people like costume designers, computer animators, movie extras, those who do the camera and lighting work. Even things like catering companies who provide food, those who provide security, etc. The salaries paid out are helping to meet those people's needs.
    I see your point.
    Something about it bothers me, though.
    Rich

We saw it last week, an awesome flick. Those ashes floating out at you is incredible. If possible def see in 3D IMAX.

My gripe is with the glasses. Why not make them wraparound style? They blocked peripheral vision and I had to move my head side to side at times.

lol sometimes I'd get "lost" in the visuals and have to drag myself back into the movie.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"