Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: handcycles-lets see what u got

Quote Originally Posted by Craig80 View Post
    Then there's gals like Monica and Muffy, they're gonna cream you regardless. Doesn't pay to have much of an ego when it comes to racing handcycles.
    Yeah, Muffy is incredibly fast. They started the women several minutes after the men in Melbourne this year, Muffy,Carrie, and Connie passed most of us on the bridge 6 miles into the race. We had a huge paceline going too, so they had to be cranking really really hard to make up the gap. It's amazing how fast the women have gotten lately.

Hey guys, don`t worry want kind of handbike you buy, just buy one and do handcycling, this is a wonderfull sport.

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    Hey guys, don`t worry want kind of handbike you buy, just buy one and do handcycling, this is a wonderfull sport.
    best therapy ever, well one of the best with sit skiing

finally i decided to put a flag in my handbike, where do you buy them? bikeshops?

finally i decided to put a flag in my handbike, where do you buy them? bikeshops?
    Walmart or Kmart or Target may be your best bet but my local Walmart has stopped carrying them. Not many people putting them on regular bikes. I think every HC should come with one. If you can find them I think they will be about 5 or 6 dollars

Kmart in Barcelona? We don't even have those in Canada anymore. Try your local bicycle shop toto..

Flag is ugly, but nice to be seen by taller vehicles. Hell sometimes I want to put one on my daychair, just about got backed over yesterday in a parking lot.

Maybe i do my own one with an old red shirt i have, or just go to a farm and steal a scarecrow and put it in the back of my bike

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    around here a flag the size of a semi wouldn't help with people texting and talking on their phones while driving.
    @toto-now that you have a handcycle, do you wish you had gotten one sooner? just asking because I encourage people to get one, I actually had ordered one before I got my "own" wheelchair.

Maybe i do my own one with an old red shirt i have, or just go to a farm and steal a scarecrow and put it in the back of my bike
    Yes, I'd be very careful about riding on roads, I've had a couple of friends that were killed riding handcycles on roads. I generally just stick to bike paths and when I do briefly ride roads occassionally I keep a close eye in the rear view mirror and when I see cars coming up too close to me I get further over to the side of the road, thats another thing you should definately get is a rear view mirror, either that or the type you wear off your sun glasses.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

jschism@

Of course, go for one as soon as possible, but you will need a few $$$.

Curt@

I`ve got front and back leds, i put them on through the day too, i`ve got mirror, and i`m going to make a flash with an old shirt.