Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gelnique?

bump..........
    Tough Times Don't Last...Tough People Do!

I do not take this med but saw a 41% DISCOUNT ON THE LINK BELOW

Last edited by Helga; 10-19-2012 at 06:29 PM. Reason: WEB PAGE FAILED
    Helga

Nobody has a follow up using these product?
    Tough Times Don't Last...Tough People Do!

Low T

You can't listen to SAT radio or watch TV for more than 20 minutes without another commercial for testosterone supplements. Are there any studies indicating that males with SCI need hire T levels than AB's? All these people taking T supplements cannot have Low T. Yet so many of us with SCI experience fatigue, loss of stamina, loss of libido, and just don't feel like doing stuff as we age. Personally, my T levels are always in the normal range, but might these levels vary for men with SCI? I know of at least one local physician who believes that the generally recommended T levels are too low and places T pellets under the skin for some of his patients. Given the known side effects of too much T, I wouldn't participate in this therapy unless there was some science behind the prescription. However, I think it is worth exploring. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by tasty View Post
    You can't listen to SAT radio or watch TV for more than 20 minutes without another commercial for testosterone supplements. Are there any studies indicating that males with SCI need hire T levels than AB's? All these people taking T supplements cannot have Low T. Yet so many of us with SCI experience fatigue, loss of stamina, loss of libido, and just don't feel like doing stuff as we age. Personally, my T levels are always in the normal range, but might these levels vary for men with SCI? I know of at least one local physician who believes that the generally recommended T levels are too low and places T pellets under the skin for some of his patients. Given the known side effects of too much T, I wouldn't participate in this therapy unless there was some science behind the prescription. However, I think it is worth exploring. Any thoughts?
    Hello Tasty,

My doctor my low testosterone when he did the blood work and also found diabetes. My question to him was why was I losing hair when it's not hereditary and also I was having to shave every third day. He prescribed a gel (Fosterone) to rub into each thigh daily. My hair came back and now I have to shave (yuk!) daily.

Good luck.
    Millard
    ''Life's tough... it's even tougher if you're stupid!'' -- John Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    Here is the website for Gelnique. Here you will find prescribing information and a video on how to apply the gel.

Dry mouth and application site irritation (it is suggested that you do not apply the gel in the same place two days in a row) are the major side effects. Dry mouth seems to be less than with the oral oxybutynin.

GJ
    Reading back through this thread, I noticed I forgot to post the website for Gelnique:
    http://www.gelnique.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
    (Posted: 12-19-2009, this thread) 09:48 AM Cant find a doctor to do it (Botox), every Urogist I've talked with knows nothing about botox. I had one Doc tell me it would not be covered under insurance even if he did do it as its an off use for Botox and not FDA approved.
    Just to update this comment. Botox has FDA approval now and has had since late summer 2011.

FDA NEWS RELEASE
    For Immediate Release: August 25, 2011

FDA approves Botox to treat specific form of urinary incontinence

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today approved Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA) injection to treat urinary incontinence in people with neurologic conditions such as spinal cord injury and multiple sclerosis who have overactivity of the bladder.

Uninhibited urinary bladder contractions in people with some neurological conditions can lead to an inability to store urine. Current management of this condition includes medications to relax the bladder and use of a catheter to regularly empty the bladder.

The treatment consists of Botox being injected into the bladder resulting in relaxation of the bladder, an increase in its storage capacity and a decrease in urinary incontinence.

"Urinary incontinence associated with neurologic conditions can be difficult to manage,” said George Benson, deputy director, Division of Reproductive and Urologic Products. “Botox offers another treatment option for these patients." (more of the article at: http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsro.../ucm269509.htm)

I don't understand the introduction of "Low T" into this thread. the medication GELNIQUE™ (oxybutynin chloride) Gel 10%, is "the first and only topical gel approved for the treatment of overactive bladder (OAB), is effective at improving the symptoms of urge urinary incontinence, urgency and frequency."

All the best,
    GJ

I use gelnique, but only as a backup, extra med. if I am flying or going out drinking Which is rare I use it in addition to my normal meds. It works for me, but I hate the sticky glue it leaves behind so I dont use it regularly.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.