Thread: Usable Home Gym

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Usable Home Gym

Has anyone had any experience with using any home gyms? I need something I can transfer onto and workout and I don't/wont want to shell out the money for something like an Apex.
    C5-6 - 22 years

I got a regular 2 seater home gym, and took the seats off, then mounted a piece of plywood in both places. I put regular wheelchair cushions on the plywood with velcro to keep them in place. My unit has a leg press part that was a pain to swing my leg over, so I just cut it off, can't use it anyways.

uppertone...no need to transfer...

Quote Originally Posted by madmaddmother View Post
    uppertone...no need to transfer...
    like I said...too much money and transferring isn't a problem. Im looking for something I can get at Sears or Academy, etc.
    C5-6 - 22 years

We bought a bowflex for our son and my husband modified the legs on the bench so he could roll over it in his chair. That worked until he got his new chair and solid foot plate. We're looking at "total gym" now.
    FAITH: Is not believing God can, but knowing he will.

thanks Ill look into that...
    C5-6 - 22 years

Have you considered a MonkeyBar system - I recommend this to clients for home workouts and the versatility you can do is great. Between using this pully system and variations of pushups there is a lot of upper body work that can be done.

http://secure.monkeybargym.com/cart/...index&cPath=32

The other thing I have been recommending for home gym buyers is Craigslist. There are people willing to sell their home gym equipment really cheap and the prices are very negotiable. Nice equipment too that has barely been used.

Rick
    U.S. Marine Boot Camp Workouts Trainer to health fitness boot camps bootcamp exercises with bodyweight exercises for interval training. Hosted PBX and website traffic consulting. I can do all things through Christ who Strengthens me. Phili: 4:13

Ebay always has a ton of equipment and if need, you can get someone locally to make modifications. It may be a good idea to look at a good training system where you can do some exercises without any equipment. The Turbulence Training Workout system by Craig Ballantyne may be something to consider which could give you some ideas you might use.
    Rikport - How To Get Ripped Abs - Iron Gym Pull Up Bar Review

Quote Originally Posted by rikport View Post
    Ebay always has a ton of equipment and if need, you can get someone locally to make modifications. It may be a good idea to look at a good training system where you can do some exercises without any equipment. The Turbulence Training system by Craig Ballantyne may be something to consider which could give you some ideas you might use.
    Rikport - How To Get Ripped Abs - Iron Gym Pull Up Bar Review
    We actually have one of his 4 week workouts that we are able to give away for free and you could see what different upper body exercises are applicable. Send me a PM if interested as I don't think we have that particular free workout program posted anywhere on our site but it is something we give away as a free gift.
    U.S. Marine Boot Camp Workouts Trainer to health fitness boot camps bootcamp exercises with bodyweight exercises for interval training. Hosted PBX and website traffic consulting. I can do all things through Christ who Strengthens me. Phili: 4:13