Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: My ding-dong kid

Wow, sorry Coleen. I hope has learned his lesson.

I have to disagree that "bad" children do this & that it is just a boy thing. As a young child I remember drawing on the walls just to get anger out towards my parents & over my moms disability. On the outside, people thought I was sweet as candy but inside I was anything but. Growing older I went off on people & broke many things. Looking back I wasn't violent but I just had to find a way to cope & handle raging hormones. Thankfully, that all stopped around 25. No, Really around 16 when I could have some space & independence by getting a car. I still was known to throw something every few months. I probably would still every now & then if these quad paws had better aim.

Oh, I even remember slamming keys into (& I mean tearing through it) my boyfriends dash b/c he made me so angry. He loved that truck & revenge was SO sweet. ....until he did the same thing back to my car...sigh.
    Last edited by quad79; 12-19-2009 at 02:04 PM. Reason: to add onto

Quote Originally Posted by woman from Europe View Post
    What is patch up?

I need four new door and wood for two walls, I don't have money for it. And then if he is doing it again?
    I suspect we have totally diff construction. Europeans tend to think our homes are shacks, as they are made of wood studs topped by sheetrock. You can patch holes in sheetrock, using screening, spackle (kind of a putty). You glop it on, scrape it off, let it dry, sand. You saw a number of patched holes at my house! Now Santa Fe construction is another ball of wax...pity the fool that punches an adobe wall at Jill's. I think your apartment is MUCH older than most homes of ours will ever survive to be, in general.

This house is not so old, 30 years and the walls are something like yours. But the holes are too big to fix them like that, maybe in two doors. But the walls are so bad, I can't hang anything on them so it is better to put thin wood upon instead of the thing that is there now.

And he doesn't have any money to fix it, it is maybe 5000 dollars to make. So it is better I wait
    TH 12, 43 years post

Quote Originally Posted by woman from Europe View Post
    This house is not so old, 30 years and the walls are something like yours. But the holes are too big to fix them like that, maybe in two doors. But the walls are so bad, I can't hang anything on them so it is better to put thin wood upon instead of the thing that is there now.

And he doesn't have any money to fix it, it is maybe 5000 dollars to make. So it is better I wait
    Make him purchase the stuff & do it himself. Surely he gets b-day money,etc? He can fix it hole by hole until he has the money to repair them all. He can google the how-to part.

He never get any birthday money or christmas money. He is getting a presant from me and maybe the sister and the brother if they have money. What he is getting from the father's family I don't know because the father is keeping that. And the father doesn't have any plans to help me with the holes, he thought it was funny.

So it seems I have to have the holes there for some time because I can't afford to do it twice.

And I can't take his weekly money, he need it for tram and train to his father and small things, he gets about 40 dollar a month and the train is already 20 dollar and a tram ticket for children is two dollar and I am not allowed to stop his money for the visit. I can't keep him legally away from the father
    Last edited by woman from Europe; 12-19-2009 at 04:26 PM.
    TH 12, 43 years post

well...everybody already knows my story. currently i can see into my son's closet from the hallway...not sure that was his fist.

a story about me as a teen: after fight with boyfriend, i kicked what i thought was empty paper bag on floor with bare foot. it had canned soup or canned something in it. that sure hurt! broke some toes.

Haha You just reminded me of when I was married. My husband was angry and on the way to the bathroom in the dark through our bedroom he kicked what he thought was a red balloon. It turned out to be my daughters bowling ball. Hurt his toes for quite some time after.
    I think we all have our temper tantrums from time to time. But I can't see not making them repair the damage. I think I'd sell the game system from my kids before I went around with holes all over the place.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

If I do that I will be in trouble. They would think I was a terrible mother and maybe send him to his father all the time instead. I am under control, I can't do what I want either, I have to ask permission.
    TH 12, 43 years post

What a strange place. I would think they would think you more horrible for allowing the holes he put to stay there. It sounds like he knows you are scared to do anything so he does whatever he wants.
    I hope it gets better.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

We are only allowed to talk and I have been talking a lot. At least he is shocked the hole is so big. And I asked his father if we could take money out his bank account to fix it but he didn't let me and it is illegal for me to do it alone.
    We have so many different rules you won't believe it.

I am not afraid because I am use to the rules and know how I have to do the things. But it is like he doesn't listen and he forgets it at once.That is not his fault, that is his diagnosis. That is reason I can't punish him either because he doesn't understand the reason for the punishment. But it is difficult not to raise my voice sometimes. I have temper too
    TH 12, 43 years post