Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: My ding-dong kid

Oh, I disagree. Both my girls KICKED holes in their brother's door when they were angry at him and he locked the door. My son punched two or three holes in walls. And, no I was not a violent person. I had four teenagers at once at home (one step) and it was purgatory on earth. They do grow up though.

Quote Originally Posted by woman from Europe View Post
    It is a boy/ man thing, the girls/women don't do it.
    Kind of generalizing there.
    My brother never hit or kicked anything, my sister just turned 30 and from time to time still destroys things. It's in the makeup of some people but they can learn to control it. I have thrown numerous things in my life and once punched a photo. Very stupid, I still have a scar from the glass. I don't do that anymore. I don't want my kids to see it and cleaning up messes from a wheelchair sucks. I still say whether or not it happens again depends on how you handle the situation. However my kids are little so I will wait and see. I just say that based on watching my parents and they way they handled me and my brother vs my sister.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

My sister in law smashed her hand through a glass storm door as a teenager. She was mad that her brothers made her open the door to let the dog in again, just b/b they were bigger than her, ans could order her around.

My kids have always taken their temper outside ..... baseball bat to a tree and the like.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Lord have mercy Im laughing SO hard! My kinda woman! HAHA

Quote Originally Posted by RehabRhino View Post
    I punched a wall during an argument with the ex wife once. Unfortunately I hit the light switch, cutting open my hand and plunging us into darkness.

In the gloom she sneaked out of bed and punched me.

Ninja Wife. I didn't sign up for that.

Quote Originally Posted by RehabRhino View Post
    I punched a wall during an argument with the ex wife once. Unfortunately I hit the light switch, cutting open my hand and plunging us into darkness.
    Oh, that's hot! We could fight, you could do that, and then we could have hot make-up sex in the dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Kari in Pacific NW View Post
    Oh, I disagree. Both my girls KICKED holes in their brother's door when they were angry at him and he locked the door. My son punched two or three holes in walls. And, no I was not a violent person. I had four teenagers at once at home (one step) and it was purgatory on earth. They do grow up though.
    I kicked a hole in my sister's door when we were kids. I was trying to get her, but she ran to her bedroom and sat behind the door. I tried to get the door open using a leg...which went through the door. My sister was most surprised to see my leg appearing over her shoulder, lol.
    I also once broke a window by hitting it in a rage...again my sister was to blame, heh. Then another time I threw a hairbrush at her...which smashed another window. Oops.

I also smashed a cup on her head. I didn't meant to really. She was chasing me up the stairs and I just wildly threw a cup...it hit her square on the forehead and smashed there.

My sister broke my bedroom door more than once in a rage.

I am happy to hear all this. I have four doors with holes and now a big hole in my livingroom wall. Teens...
    TH 12, 43 years post

Why don't you make him patch it up?
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

It was an exterior wall, the wall's fine, he's in a cast with a wonderful chip fracture - if the chip doesn't mend right, he has surgery - he needs to learn to control his temper! He's got a punching bag now, and I'll be getting him some boxing gloves shortly. Maybe that'll help?

What is patch up?

I need four new door and wood for two walls, I don't have money for it. And then if he is doing it again?
    TH 12, 43 years post