Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Weather thread

We got another 5 inches today on top of the 17 we got with the last blizzard. They shut down I-90 from Sioux Falls to Rapid City which is the entire state East to West. The drifts are 5-6 feet high. Now, the cold starts. Supposed to be in the negative temps with wind chills I don't even want to comprehend. Oh and don't forget to add the 40 mph winds over the next couple of days. Good news, a heat wave is coming next week. We are supposed to hit 30 degrees! And trust me, that will feel like a heat wave!

I need to move. I have really no idea why I put up with this weather year after year. You would think after 30 years I would have had enough!
    "Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today." ~ James Dean
    http://www.kristi-allen.com

we are having the coldest weather in over 50 years....which basically means we have ice on most roads and snow in parts of the country...but snow here is nothing compared to other countries like some of you have...we can still see the ground underneath....that said because we are not geared for bad ice or snow the country nearly stops with schools closed and travel cancelled. Down here in the south its just a pain trying to get out as the ice is bad but we have lovely blue skies and sunshine but not enough to melt the ice...roll on spring and summer....

Good morning! High of 24 degrees today with 2-4 inches of snow on the way here in the Columbus Ohio area!

Summer's almost here ...we can now see the deer moving around.
    Yep, won't be long.
    Last edited by jryprt; 11-22-2010 at 05:46 PM.

Oh let's see now .... -28C but feels like -41c with the windchill ..... I know I know we're a little nutso for living here ...... but you know ..... it's a dry cold ..... and damnit it were "prairie people" you ain't seen nothing yet ...

Weather Warning
    Wind chill warning for R.M. of Louise including Pilot Mound and Crystal City

Obie
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

A little side note .... the Olympic Torch run is coming to our area today and an elderly gentleman from our little town has been picked to carry the torch for a short way this afternoon .... he's a wonderful kindhearted and youthful minded 90+ year old but not in the best of health I'm afraid and will be in a wheelchair so I hope he will be well covered ....
    He's been so looking forward to this experience but the anticipation of it has almost been too much for him ...... Good luck Frank ... stay warm !!

http://winnipeg.ctv.ca/servlet/an/lo...b=WinnipegHome

Obie
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

T8burst - I love the way kids waddle when they are all bundled up, arms out and side to side.

Kristi - come on down to Cowboy Country.

Jryprt - that is some deep snow, deer gotta work hard to find food.

We are down to 23F, windchill of 0F. Heading for 12 next couple nights, 72 hours below freezing, that's bad for DFW. Had freezing drizzle last night, people shoulda stayed home this morning, some were trapped on shutdown freeways for hours this morning.

I am not leaving the house for days.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Lake Erie snow machine is kicking in later today and this weekend. Last one gave us 36".
    oh well

Quote Originally Posted by kenf View Post
    Lake Erie snow machine is kicking in later today and this weekend. Last one gave us 36".
    That reminds me, I need to call my brother in Avon Lake, OH. Usually lake effect goes over him, but saw weather, it is beating down on them.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Quote Originally Posted by Kristi View Post
    Oh and don't forget to add the 40 mph winds over the next couple of days. Good news, a heat wave is coming next week. We are supposed to hit 30 degrees! And trust me, that will feel like a heat wave!

I need to move. I have really no idea why I put up with this weather year after year. You would think after 30 years I would have had enough!
    After a especially cold snap a few years back, it was a nice day, and I was out, coat undone, no hat, enjoying the weather, when I went to the car wash. I was surprised it was closed .... until I went by the bank and saw the thermometer read 17 degrees. It sure felt warm to me that day.

Kristi, I think we put up with the weather b.c it makes spring oh such more special? (And yours is worse than New England)
    T7-8 since Feb 2005