Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Quad w/stage IV decubitus ulcers-homebound ques

I'm so sorry to read this Med .....

But it may be time for you to "let go and let god" ... you've done so much to help this poor fellow . For all we know he may already be in a place of peace .. free from all earthly constraints .... at least its what I tell myself when things become so clearly out of my hands! With so little support it almost seems impossible for him to endure and have any real shot at a satisfying life ..... it's just all so sad ....

.... and you really need to look after yourself too ...... I am just so sorry

Obieone
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

(((((Med100)))) I just read about this latest. You have been a champion for your friend.You have done everything possible. I can not even find words to express how sad this is.
    He sounds like a great guy-just a kid really.
    Thinking of you.

Thanks so much... I am not even sure what to say... Just so upset right now.. He does not deserve this... He thought he was going home and he should have been home a few months ago...Now he will or may be at a different home..more permanent. I feel I failed him by not being there more for him..but I also know it was not realistic..Maybe nothing more I can do or could have done...Thanks my friends. Your support means so much to me

Hi friends

Very bad news about my friend, appears he is brain dead.. I am heart-broken. ...
    This is the message just sent to me ...

"Hi
    The hospital called a meeting on Friday and said that (he) has virtually no brain activity. His brain stem is dead. They did not pressure family, but wants (his mother) and (father) to start planning for the next step. Family, naturally, is not doing well. Wish I had better news..."

I guess this will be my last post. His name is Craig. If you would like, please send prayers he will be at peace.....
    Last edited by med100; 03-31-2010 at 01:32 PM.

What a sad sorry story with a tragic and worse, avoidable, outcome.

At least you tried to help him med.

Timaru,

I sure did try..and I also am just so sad. I don't know what else I could have done for him... Thank you my friend...

Sorry to hear this Med. Its really a sad case, but the family really has made it clear, they want to be left alone!
    Doesnt change the pain! You did the best you could!

Quote Originally Posted by med100 View Post
    Hi friends

Very bad news about my friend, appears he is brain dead.. I am heart-broken. ...
    This is the message just sent to me ...

"Hi
    The hospital called a meeting on Friday and said that (he) has virtually no brain activity. His brain stem is dead. They did not pressure family, but wants (his mother) and (father) to start planning for the next step. Family, naturally, is not doing well. Wish I had better news..."

I guess this will be my last post. His name is Craig. If you would like, please send prayers he will be at peace.....

So sorry to hear this. There really are no words for how unfair it is. You deserved better, Craig.

I'm so sorry to hear your news. I'm praying for Craig and his family.

I'm so sorry med. I will be praying for his family.
    You tried your best to help Craig.