Thread: Mac OS X: Crashproof, Literally.

Mac OS X: Crashproof, Literally.

Click here for the story.

Excerpt:

"Last week, a drunk driver plowed through the front of our offices, destroying most of the equipment in our production department (we are a comic book publisher.)

テつ*"In one of the pictures you will see a G4 1.25 Ghz computer in the rubble. This machine had traveled at least 20 feet in the air, hit a wall and came down on a heap of rubble.

テつ*"After we cleaned up, I plugged the thing in just to see if it would boot up. Amazingly enough, the thing came on and has been running without trouble ever since. There are two links below. One is the news story on our web site, the other is a short iMovie I made of the crash.

テつ*テつ*テつ* 窶「 http://www.slavelabor.com/smash/nf_smash.html

テつ*テつ*テつ* 窶「 http://homepage.mac.com/danslave/slg...Theater18.html

"Let's see a Dell do that."

I'm not deaf...I'm just ignoring you!

More proof that Macs rule.

I love mine.

I've crashed OS X 3 times... each recoverable, but goes to show that it's not perfect

That being said, I still love mine too. Maybe I'll chuck my Powerbook 20-some feet & give the report afterwards.

...or not

Yeah, I've crashed it twice myself. But I must say that, if a system crash could ever be pretty...the one in OS X is. LOL

I'm not deaf...I'm just ignoring you!

Macs good, OS/2 on PCs good, Windows bad.

Alan

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"

This sort of reminds me of the ad in the magazine for the Marantz stereo that survives a house fire which is put out by the Fire Department using the water hose. The Marantz also drops two stories and when the owner plugs it in and pushes the button, the blue light pops on and it works. Yeah, I know, some of you are scratching your heads and wondering what's a Marantz. It was a long, long time ago.

PN