Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [¿?] What do you guys do with your time

I've found some new meaning in life helping a couple of charities that I believe in. That's something I can do when I have the ability/enery to work, but I don't have to do it on a schedule or when I can't manage it.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolish Old View Post
    It will get better. I was asking in relation to playing sports. I see that is in your plans.
    Yes it is. But one thing i hate about this is us being aaall the time nailed to our chair. I mean, when talking about sweating...that sucks so much. Do you use a diff. cushion when sporting? Or you just wash yourself when done with exercise?

It's winter and i sometimes sweat a little just by pushing hard towards a ramp! arg

Quote Originally Posted by alpentalic View Post
    All those things you used to love doing, figure out how to get back to doing them (best you can). An arm bike is a great to way put in some miles if running and getting out was your thing. There's still a world of adventure to be had (different, yes) if you set your mind to it.

Remember: there is no spoon!
    lol! I will be doing something like that...still feel kinda new to all this. And i dont know you guys but i sometimes feel very uncomfortable in my chair. It is nice and soft but i think is my body that hasn't got used to it yet...sometimes i'll go to the sofa or my bed just not to feel bounded always to my chair.

I had a motorbike accident in slow speed. But i'm looking forward to ride again, ive seen some motorbike adapted videos in a speed track..that has to be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by swh2007 View Post
    I've found some new meaning in life helping a couple of charities that I believe in. That's something I can do when I have the ability/enery to work, but I don't have to do it on a schedule or when I can't manage it.
    I like teaching a lot, and i'm kinda good in languages, math, physics and stuff like that. I just don't how to face/start it.
    Before the accident i contaced an international agency which would let me teach english in thailandia and help building new schools. That would have been awesome if i haven't had this fucking accident. Fuck that stupid pedestrian.

Well, you can still teach. By the time you finish your recovery, and you'll be able to face/start it. If you don't need to work for money, there are lots of agencies and organizations who need people to teach others. Sorry for your injury. It sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by kkmay View Post
    I would destroy you in poker.
    I'd eat your lunch.
    Injured:10-16-04
    C7/C8, T1 incomplete;

For stalkers convenience:
    Blog:
    http://www.ordealsonwheels.com/
    Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/coryssanchez
    Progress:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/b290/swooty/
    My drawings:
    http://kanvases.com/sites/corysanchez/home

Maybe go work on my motorcycles depends on the mood Right now I am Rebuilding my Suzuki Quad but Definitely Workout everyday as much as I can Then cook our Dinner

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Volunteer for a cause you believe in...answering phones, stuffing envelopes, soliciting others to get involved.(KLD)
    Not sure if anyone else has come across this ... but it is VERY difficult to volunteer when you're in the chair. I've tried several times ... but often these charities are in low-budget rental buildings (so not accessible) or there *might be* some prejudice involved.

I work as a 911 operator and couldn't volunteer with the crisis line because they were upstairs without an elevator.

I'm trying to volunteer with my local children's aid society 'in any capacity' and informed them of my job ... I've not received a reply yet. I'll probably have to go down there ... and I'll bet they won't get back to me anyway.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

you play an instrument? any friends who do? I kill a lot of time with learning to play different instruments. I have had some setbacks and have had to start over at least twice. some instruments easyer to play that others. free lessons online. dulcimer, ukulele, guitar, bass, mandolin, id love to afford a herdygurdy, cigar box instruments are my thing right now. any way, there are thousands of musical instruments in the world and hours to kill reasearching them.