Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [¿?] What do you guys do with your time

[¿?] What do you guys do with your time

Hi!
    I've been injured for 4 months and a half now... so i'm still not in college (that's my plan) and i'm not working (i injured myself under working time so i'm covered in that way, don't have the need to work).

College won't start until next september, which lefts me with tons of free hours. I'm a self-taught person and love to read and learn all i can do, mostly by my computer... and have a few hobbies left that i can still practice.

I'm wondering...how many of you are in the same free-time situation like me? What do you do with this time? How many hours do you see yourself training per day?

For now, i wake up usually at launch time (a little less if it's BM's day)...yes, kinda late, but i love the calm you can feel at nights so i usually go to sleep at 4-5 am. I have the launch...get to the computer, train a little bit (standing frame, bycicle and whatnot), see my girlfriend, more computer, maybe see with some friends (cinema, poker or whatever), have dinner...more computer... and that's about it!

I would destroy you in poker.

Do you have transportation? If so, get out into your beautiful city. Visit museums, the Zoo and Les Rambles to meet friends, have coffee or a drink and tapas.

Volunteer for a cause you believe in...answering phones, stuffing envelopes, soliciting others to get involved. Take a class (not a college class) in something that interests you as a new hobby (photography, painting, carving, etc.). What hobbies can't you do any more?

Volunteer as a tutor or literacy volunteer for children and low-literacy adults in your area.

Are you involved in any sports? Lots of accessible venues in Barcelona. Sailing, track, wheelchair basketball or quad rugby, etc. etc. etc.

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by 0xSquidy View Post
    Hi!
    I've been injured for 4 months and a half now... so i'm still not in college (that's my plan) and i'm not working (i injured myself under working time so i'm covered in that way, don't have the need to work).

College won't start until next september, which lefts me with tons of free hours. I'm a self-taught person and love to read and learn all i can do, mostly by my computer... and have a few hobbies left that i can still practice.

I'm wondering...how many of you are in the same free-time situation like me? What do you do with this time? How many hours do you see yourself training per day?

For now, i wake up usually at launch time (a little less if it's BM's day)...yes, kinda late, but i love the calm you can feel at nights so i usually go to sleep at 4-5 am. I have the launch...get to the computer, train a little bit (standing frame, bycicle and whatnot), see my girlfriend, more computer, maybe see with some friends (cinema, poker or whatever), have dinner...more computer... and that's about it!
    sex, drugs and rock n roll, what else is there? actually you'll find more and more things you can do and find new hobbies, just don't be afraid to try new things, keep at it
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by kkmay View Post
    sure you would, just like the eagles are going to win something right
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

Time

I was like that in the begining as well but then I learned how to drive again and the i was never home. Then at 7 mths i went back to work and that was it now I wish I had free time i work 6 days a wekk 1430 to 2300 hrs it suxs ass but i need the money. Hang in there and do everything you can..
    What ever doesn't kill you makes you stronger

How's your energy level? You got any acute problems?
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Quote Originally Posted by kkmay View Post
    You ain't gonna put money on that do you?
    I can rather teach you sometime... that'll make you a richer man

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Do you have transportation? If so, get out into your beautiful city. Visit museums, the Zoo and Les Rambles to meet friends, have coffee or a drink and tapas.

Volunteer for a cause you believe in...answering phones, stuffing envelopes, soliciting others to get involved. Take a class (not a college class) in something that interests you as a new hobby (photography, painting, carving, etc.). What hobbies can't you do any more?

Volunteer as a tutor or literacy volunteer for children and low-literacy adults in your area.

Are you involved in any sports? Lots of accessible venues in Barcelona. Sailing, track, wheelchair basketball or quad rugby, etc. etc. etc.

(KLD)
    I still havent put my hands on the driver's license. I'm told i have to turn my "old" license to the new one in some easy way i havent looked into yet. But that's definately something i want to do.
    Before the accident, i wasn't the kind of guy who went out to street just to chill out. I used to be at the computer and do lots of sports. Ive been a martial artist and competitor for several years, runner, climber and so on.
    I was very busy with the use of my legs. I'm probably doing some wheelchair tennis soon, when all this get started, but i'm feeling kinda lazy, still have some back pain due to the operation, getting used to the BM etc

Just before the accident, i was getting in touch with an organization to go teaching english to a thailandia's school in change of learning their culture (and also get some jungle adventure). Now i can only laugh (if you want to say so) imaging me and my wheelchair struggling in thai's jungle. Fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by brucec View Post
    sex, drugs and rock n roll, what else is there? actually you'll find more and more things you can do and find new hobbies, just don't be afraid to try new things, keep at it
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by RJP View Post
    I was like that in the begining as well but then I learned how to drive again and the i was never home. Then at 7 mths i went back to work and that was it now I wish I had free time i work 6 days a wekk 1430 to 2300 hrs it suxs ass but i need the money. Hang in there and do everything you can..
    I don't think i'm going back to work...no if i have a good deal with my bosses

Quote Originally Posted by Foolish Old View Post
    How's your energy level? You got any acute problems?
    Now my energy level is not in the highest moment of my life for sure. But i've always a fighter and a dream-catcher. Not optimistic at all but realistic and tenacious. Hope everything keeps going back, as much as possible.

Thanks for your answers.

It will get better. I was asking in relation to playing sports. I see that is in your plans.
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

All those things you used to love doing, figure out how to get back to doing them (best you can). An arm bike is a great to way put in some miles if running and getting out was your thing. There's still a world of adventure to be had (different, yes) if you set your mind to it.

Remember: there is no spoon!