Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are there any rehab facilities like project walk on the east coast

Push to Walk in NJ

Hi There,
    As Eric from Project Walk mentioned, we are located in Riverdale, NJ, which is in the northern part of the state, in Morris County. We are conveniently located to Routes 23 and 287.
    Push to Walk began almost three years ago after my son, Darren (C5 SCI July 2004), traveled back and forth to Project Walk in CA multiple times. We decided to open our own facility and now have three trainers and 22 clients coming on a weekly basis.
    Push to Walk is a non profit organization, and offers specialized one-on-one training workouts to people with SCI and other neurological conditions. In addition to weekly workouts, we do have people who have traveled from out of state and we set them up with a home program to follow on their own or with a trainer.
    Please send me an e-mail or give me a call! Be sure to check out our website: www.pushtowalknj.org.

Cynthia Templeton
    ctempleton@pushtowalknj.org
    862-200-5848

Thumbs up Post rehabilitation comprehensive activity-based strength training facility

One of the best facilities that I have seen in the Southeast region of the Center for Neuro Recovery. It is located in North Palm Beach, Florida. Including myself, I have seen dozens of individuals with spinal cord injuries make tremendous strides and great progress in every day living skills. I strongly suggest you take a look at their website and at least giving them a call.

http://www.centerforneurorecovery.com/

http://www.centerforneurorecovery.co...rd-injury-sci/

Push to Walk NJ moved to a new facility in Oakland NJ (100 Bauer Drive). They are having a Grand Opening Wed, Nov 30th from 4:30-7:30. Email kwolfe@pushtowalknj.org if want to attend.

http://racetowalk.org/

Located outside Charlotte, NC. I went to them many times when they first opened and they're awesome. There is also a Project Walk in Orlando, FL.

Project Walk charges $100 an hour. How many people can actually afford to go there? Not sure if insurance would cover it. Stay In Step is in Tampa.

Actually the Orlando one is showing closed.
    Last edited by HACKNSACK44; 11-23-2016 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HACKNSACK44 View Post
    Project Walk charges $100 an hour. How many people can actually afford to go there? Not sure if insurance would cover it. Stay In Step is in Tampa.

Actually the Orlando one is showing closed.
    I've only heard of one person (this was 8 years ago though) that fought her insurance company and got them to pay for it. I didn't read the last newsletter from Project Walk in Orlando until now. I guess they are transitioning to http://www.nextstepfitness.org/

Just about every rehab facility like Project Walk seems to stem from people getting tired of flying out to CA and spending the money on both the therapy and travel. They just say, why don't I start up my own where I live, etc. I've been to Project Walk and a couple of others that are modeled/born from Project Walk's mentality/methodology and they all seem to be just as good. It all comes down to the energy and drive of the trainers, just like there are good and bad PTs and OTs. From what I've heard, Project Walk charges an arm and a leg to have their affiliation. I'm not sure if the franchising and having a better name on your website is good or bad with respect to cost for the client though. But it is nice to see more of these types of facilities popping up, giving us more options.

Project Walk and other facilities where far out of my reach when I got f$%^ed up, I did my own based on what Project Walk was doing, turned out great , a lot of hard work and the mind set of “never give up. never give in” helped me a lot. Still am in the same mind set, but need more, although it didn’t hurt, only gave me the most I could give.

Quote Originally Posted by Tman9513 View Post
    I've only heard of one person (this was 8 years ago though) that fought her insurance company and got them to pay for it. I didn't read the last newsletter from Project Walk in Orlando until now. I guess they are transitioning to http://www.nextstepfitness.org/

Just about every rehab facility like Project Walk seems to stem from people getting tired of flying out to CA and spending the money on both the therapy and travel. They just say, why don't I start up my own where I live, etc. I've been to Project Walk and a couple of others that are modeled/born from Project Walk's mentality/methodology and they all seem to be just as good. It all comes down to the energy and drive of the trainers, just like there are good and bad PTs and OTs. From what I've heard, Project Walk charges an arm and a leg to have their affiliation. I'm not sure if the franchising and having a better name on your website is good or bad with respect to cost for the client though. But it is nice to see more of these types of facilities popping up, giving us more options.
    I guess it's like anything else considered medical. The price goes up. My ideal situation would be like a regular gym. You pay a monthly fee to use the equipment and if you wanted a personal trainer you pay for it. is