Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: My options for my new chair

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnie Walker View Post
    Mierda viejo TOTO te vieron cara de vendedor abulante JAJAJAJAJJAJAJAJA no le pares bolas a ese loco
    que mas hombre feliz ano de paso, tenemos algo en comun mi eleccion tambien estubo entre 3 sillas la Phatera X, GTM Hammer y la Z10 y fui a Dusseldorf a provar las 3 sillas y como sabes me decidi por la Z10, creo que antas del 15 de este mes ya la tendre aunque estoy un poco preocupado creo que cometieron un error en las medidas pero ya lo notare cuando llegue, y te avisare en el otro foro aver si me ayudas.

Saludos
    Pues si cometieron un error en las medidas poco te voy a poder ayudar, cuando te llegue pones unas fotos para que le echemos un vistazo.
    El d├*a despu├ęs de Reyes voy a probar la Helium, y la semana que viene me voy a Ortoracing(Valencia) a probar las Hammer y dem├ís a ver que tal, pero ya me han avisado de que creen que no me van a gustar porque los tubos del chasis son demasiado gordos, pero en fin, quiero verlas y probarlas a ver.

Y recuerda que mejor hablamos ingl├ęs aqu├*, porque me parece un poco de falta de respeto ponerse a hablar en otro idioma distinto al nativo del foro, para cualquier cosa en espa├▒ol o me lo mandas al privado o en el otro.

Saludos.

They say that first impressions are what count, so that's what happened to me when i saw this chair in orthopedics, I knew it wouldn`t be my next wheelchair.
    The demo was the lightest version of the Q7 (electron, with a total weight of 14.5 lbs).
    The first thing I did was take it to see the weight, and it`s very light, it`s a little bit heavier than a Panthera U2 light and a bit lighter than a ZR, you can see how my friend can take the full weight of the chair with the outstretched arm without any problem.
    The demo was 15" widht seat and I was close, had also the center of gravity very in the back for my taste and the backrest at an angle of 89 ┬║ and very high for my test, and no front reduction, so i wasn`t comfortable in the chair, I would not bother to change the center of gravity and the angle of the backrest because i had thought it would not be my next chair, if I finally decided for a L frame, i think i would go for a ZR before this one, because even is heavier i like it more, looks more robust. Maybe for a women or a quad it will be important the difference in weight between this two chairs but not for me.
    But let's start talking about the chair from impartiality.
    Those of us who decided to buy ultralight rigid chairs it`s because we have very clear what we want and we don`t need chairs with any adjustment, so all the adjustes of this chair left over to me.

But on the other hand, I think is the right model for spinal cord injury patients who leave the hospital and want for their first chair an ultralight rigid chair and have no clear preferences for the COG, RSH, FSH, backrest angle, because in this chair you can go trying different configurations.
    One thing I really liked of the chair were the brakes, are the best scissors brakes in the market undoubtedly, seat is comfortable but not to sure if those strips will be very durability.
    The backrest angle is adjustable with a screw like the Pantheras, but with a lock sistem.
    I put my wheels on the chair for give a ride outdoors to see how it is, and the chair goes well, do not flex, so that the chair is fine running order considering that i didn`t feel comfortable in it because the measurements

There's really nothing out of the chair I can say I don`t like, just that the frame is painted, it will be better anodized frames, because the paint over time will deteriorate.
    Another thing is that when you get out your wheels and fold your backrest for pick up your chair into the car the sideguards take much room(see it in the next pics) but if you don`t want sideguards, no problem, the chair will be much better if they offer folding sideguards.
    But everything else that I didn`t liked about this demo could be corrected in the order form.
    So the final conclusion is that it is a good chair, I just have doubts about the durability of the strips of the seat and backrest, and the paint of the frame( because my friend who come with me to see the chair, he live in the coast and his paint is starting deteriorating with the saltpeter of the sea) we`ve got the same chair (GTX) and my paint is like the first day, all the rest i don`t think will give any problem.
    Last edited by totoL1; 01-07-2010 at 03:27 PM.

more pics

and more pics

Looks like a solid step in the right direction, from the Quickie GT. Thanks, totoL1! I think the seat sling looks a bit weak, but I'm sure it's been tested and tested. Well, I hope, at least. 14.5lbs, as shown in the pics, eh? That's awesome. Add a cushion and, what, between 18 and 20lbs, complete? (FWIW 17.5lbs is as light as I've ever been able to get my 15x16 Lasher BT-Mg and that was with Roho High Profile cushion, no brakes, 3" front casters, Rogue tempest wheels with cheap VERY thin tires (Primo Silver Bullet), titanium hardware (axles and screws), and carbon fiber side guards. Way to go Quickie, on the weight!)

D.B.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Quote Originally Posted by DaleB View Post
    Looks like a solid step in the right direction, from the Quickie GT. Thanks, totoL1! I think the seat sling looks a bit weak, but I'm sure it's been tested and tested. Well, I hope, at least. 14.5lbs, as shown in the pics, eh? That's awesome. Add a cushion and, what, between 18 and 20lbs, complete?

D.B.
    14.5 lbs it`s not the weight of the chair of the pic, it`s the weight of the chair of the pic without push handles and with CF sideguards.
    We can get a total weight 16"x16" with a Stimulite Sport cushion under 17 lbs, the weights i`m speaking about are trust.
    Last edited by totoL1; 01-07-2010 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DaleB View Post
    Looks like a solid step in the right direction, from the Quickie GT. Thanks, totoL1! I think the seat sling looks a bit weak, but I'm sure it's been tested and tested. Well, I hope, at least. 14.5lbs, as shown in the pics, eh? That's awesome. Add a cushion and, what, between 18 and 20lbs, complete? (FWIW 17.5lbs is as light as I've ever been able to get my 15x16 Lasher BT-Mg and that was with Roho High Profile cushion, no brakes, 3" front casters, Rogue tempest wheels with cheap VERY thin tires (Primo Silver Bullet), titanium hardware (axles and screws), and carbon fiber side guards. Way to go Quickie, on the weight!)

D.B.
    yea i hear yea on the seat sling clips. they look a little scary to me. i can see them working right through those sling straps over time. wonder what their thought process was in that design

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    They say that first impressions are what count, so that's what happened to me when i saw this chair in orthopedics, I knew it wouldn`t be my next wheelchair.
    The demo was the lightest version of the Q7 (electron, with a total weight of 14.5 lbs).
    The first thing I did was take it to see the weight, and it`s very light, it`s a little bit heavier than a Panthera U2 light and a bit lighter than a ZR, you can see how my friend can take the full weight of the chair with the outstretched arm without any problem.
    The demo was 15" widht seat and I was close, had also the center of gravity very in the back for my taste and the backrest at an angle of 89 ┬║ and very high for my test, and no front reduction, so i wasn`t comfortable in the chair, I would not bother to change the center of gravity and the angle of the backrest because i had thought it would not be my next chair, if I finally decided for a L frame, i think i would go for a ZR before this one, because even is heavier i like it more, looks more robust. Maybe for a women or a quad it will be important the difference in weight between this two chairs but not for me.
    But let's start talking about the chair from impartiality.
    Those of us who decided to buy ultralight rigid chairs it`s because we have very clear what we want and we don`t need chairs with any adjustment, so all the adjustes of this chair left over to me.

But on the other hand, I think is the right model for spinal cord injury patients who leave the hospital and want for their first chair an ultralight rigid chair and have no clear preferences for the COG, RSH, FSH, backrest angle, because in this chair you can go trying different configurations.
    One thing I really liked of the chair were the brakes, are the best scissors brakes in the market undoubtedly, seat is comfortable but not to sure if those strips will be very durability.
    The backrest angle is adjustable with a screw like the Pantheras, but with a lock sistem.
    I put my wheels on the chair for give a ride outdoors to see how it is, and the chair goes well, do not flex, so that the chair is fine running order considering that i didn`t feel comfortable in it because the measurements

There's really nothing out of the chair I can say I don`t like, just that the frame is painted, it will be better anodized frames, because the paint over time will deteriorate.
    Another thing is that when you get out your wheels and fold your backrest for pick up your chair into the car the sideguards take much room(see it in the next pics) but if you don`t want sideguards, no problem, the chair will be much better if they offer folding sideguards.
    But everything else that I didn`t liked about this demo could be corrected in the order form.
    So the final conclusion is that it is a good chair, I just have doubts about the durability of the strips of the seat and backrest, and the paint of the frame( because my friend who come with me to see the chair, he live in the coast and his paint is starting deteriorating with the saltpeter of the sea) we`ve got the same chair (GTX) and my paint is like the first day, all the rest i don`t think will give any problem.
    great review toto.......... 14.5 lbs, thats lite. wonder how durable a chair that lite would be for a big fella say in the 200lbs range hopping curbs and ruff riding out in public. maybe a good home/office chair? hope they offer more colors than white, yuck

Quote Originally Posted by BobMach View Post
    great review toto.......... 14.5 lbs, thats lite. wonder how durable a chair that lite would be for a big fella say in the 200lbs range hopping curbs and ruff riding out in public. maybe a good home/office chair? hope they offer more colors than white, yuck
    Yes, but remember that i`m looking for the best chair for me, with 160 lbs.
    Each person need differents chairs, but calm i don`t think it`s going to be mine next one

And there is a lot of colours.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMach View Post
    yea i hear yea on the seat sling clips. they look a little scary to me. i can see them working right through those sling straps over time. wonder what their thought process was in that design
    Here in the States, it appears Quickie is still giving it some thought with the Q7. Their "Ultra Lite" seat sling is does not use the clips. It uses a more-traditional tension adjustable by straps design instead...