Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Quads w/ no hand function - how do you use mouse functions?

Quads w/ no hand function - how do you use mouse functions?

I can't use a mouse. My wireless keyboard sits on the arms of my power chair and I use Microsoft Mousekeys - a built in Accessibility function that utilizes the number pad.

How do others do it?

I do the same thing you do: MouseKeys; laptop won't allow it, though.

I'm gonna copy this over to the Computer forum so it'll be easier for people to locate if they have similar questions.

-Steven
    "Sometimes, its enough to plant the seed, walk away, and let the flower grow on its own."

have you tried a touchpad (like many laptops have)? Any pressure on the pad will move the mouse, and tapping the pad will click. it's still a little awkward, but may be quicker than mousekeys. you can get a touchpad mouse that plugs in, check www.cirque.com.

Godspeed...

Godspeed, my b/f uses the same thing, and it's very convinient.

A tiny pressure/light touch using the tip of the index finger on the tab will do it. He's very comfortable with it.

I use a Kensington trackball and turn on the click lock in the control panel so I dont have to hold down the button to drag.

I bought a cheap USB keyboard for use with my laptop. I can't use a touchpad very well and the Mousekeys allow me to more easily select web text to copy and drag items using the 0/Ins key. I wouldn't be able to play Literati without it.

Originally posted by lel42:

Godspeed, my b/f uses the same thing, and it's very convinient.

A tiny pressure/light touch using the tip of the index finger on the tab will do it. He's very comfortable with it.
    lol, Godspeed is not my name, it's Joey. Godspeed means God prosper you (sorta like saying good luck, but i don't believe in luck)

Godspeed...

Are there any touchpads that will work with an inanimate object like a mouthstick? All the ones I've tried seem to require a hand...

-Steven
    "Sometimes, its enough to plant the seed, walk away, and let the flower grow on its own."

Steven, I have never tried, but would a graphics tablet work.
    http://www.newegg.com/

-Scott

cjo...i bought my s/o a mouse...he loves it. jim is c5/6 with little hand function. i can't seem to find the site...thought i saved it on my favorites i will call him tonight and ask him to look at the make & name...it cost me $100.