Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Low urine output?

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    Thanks man, that sounds like good advice. I have to give up the dews! I don't drink and dont smoke, its all I got that is vice like.
    I drink pepsi's, but when I do drink a dew, it always seem to slow my urine output, try different ones, have to have those vices
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    How bad is your peripheral edema? Being up in the chair most of the day can make you store fluids in your legs instead of sending it to your kidney. This can also occur if your blood pressure is low (like you are not drinking enough fluids). Caffeine (lots of this in most sodas, especially Mountain Dew) will also make your bladder irritable (easier leakage, high pressures), and soda is also high in sodium, which makes any edema worse.

How much are you putting out at night? Big volumes? Your total daily output should be 200-500 cc. less than your total intake, more if you sweat a lot. You should be drinking 2.5-3.0 quarts daily, nearly all of it in water and juice. Avoid caffeine.

You should make and put out a minimum of 30 cc. of urine per hour.

(KLD)
    I have a night drainage bag that I use and don't caf through the night. When I wake up, my volume is between 1000-1500cc of urine in my bag. It has always been like this and never had any problems. Should I be worried with that much output?

Update on this, just got back from the doctor and it doesn't look like an uti but they are going to let it bake over the weekend to see what grows. Standard advice, lay off the caffeine, drink more water. Its still a mystery, what is coming out doesn't match at all what is going in.

Quote Originally Posted by danielgr View Post
    I have a night drainage bag that I use and don't caf through the night. When I wake up, my volume is between 1000-1500cc of urine in my bag. It has always been like this and never had any problems. Should I be worried with that much output?
    In the long term, reflex voiding like this, esp. if done with high bladder pressures, can cause hydronephrosis and kidney damage. When you last had urodynamics, what was your PdetMax? Do your studies (ultrasound, etc.) show a trabeculated bladder or any hydro? Do you take anticholenergic medications?

(KLD)