Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Low urine output?

Low urine output?

Posted a couple times already, thanks for all the help, t8/complete/5 months. Another new fun thing is happening, my urine output has dropped considerably in the last week. For example, last night I cathed at 12am, 4am and 8am and it totaled to 250ml for all three, and I drank two 12 oz mtn dews at 10pm! My wife thinks UTI, but how would an infection lower my output?

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    Tom

are you sweating more? spitting more, working out more?
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

You want more urine

drink more water. I bet if you drink 3 12oz waters, you have more urine. I always notice my urine was low when I drank dew and as soon as I started drinking more water, my urine output was a lot more. You should drink 4-5 12oz bottles of water everyday. It will help with the UTIs, especially if you take a vitamin B complex. I use to get UTIs a lot and after I started taking vitamin B complex, they weren't as bad.

I do sweat at night below my injury, that is partly why I have waited a while before getting worried but I just cant imagine I am sweating two mountian dews worth.

Quote Originally Posted by danielgr View Post
    drink more water. I bet if you drink 3 12oz waters, you have more urine. I always notice my urine was low when I drank dew and as soon as I started drinking more water, my urine output was a lot more. You should drink 4-5 12oz bottles of water everyday. It will help with the UTIs, especially if you take a vitamin B complex. I use to get UTIs a lot and after I started taking vitamin B complex, they weren't as bad.

Thanks man, that sounds like good advice. I have to give up the dews! I don't drink and dont smoke, its all I got that is vice like.

water is your friend, 2 years no uti's yet.
    c6/7 incomplete 6/30/07

whats that smell? its me, cause im the shit.

если я сейчас умру то нахуй я родился

You must give up the soft drinks! If you want something different try adding Crystal Light to water. Water is your best friend now though. If you must drink one every now & then go with a diet or zero for less sugar but chase it with a glass of water. FYI too, sugar in fluids help bacteria thrive & grow..it is your bladders enemy now!

Try pushing the water, 3 quarts to be exact(i know,ick) & see what happens. They say not to call it a uti until you have a fever, I have my own signs that I follow though plus technically my temp runs lower now anyways.

Also think of a UTI. It happens with me all the time. Urine output down,bladder is down.Check for odor and color in the urine.

I'd say you got a UTI. I drink soda all time and my urine output is just fine except when i have a UTI. Its how i always know when i got the start of a UTI. Yea water is probably better and would help with the UTI's but i'm like you i cant give up my soda......
    T12-L1 since 10/12/03

How bad is your peripheral edema? Being up in the chair most of the day can make you store fluids in your legs instead of sending it to your kidney. This can also occur if your blood pressure is low (like you are not drinking enough fluids). Caffeine (lots of this in most sodas, especially Mountain Dew) will also make your bladder irritable (easier leakage, high pressures), and soda is also high in sodium, which makes any edema worse.

How much are you putting out at night? Big volumes? Your total daily output should be 200-500 cc. less than your total intake, more if you sweat a lot. You should be drinking 2.5-3.0 quarts daily, nearly all of it in water and juice. Avoid caffeine.

You should make and put out a minimum of 30 cc. of urine per hour.

(KLD)