Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: can anyone I.D. these hand controls?

Quote Originally Posted by mjschaef View Post
    I have seen a lot of people raving about the SureGrips (link below)... Does anyone have a price estimate off the top of their heads?

Also, does anyone use the Menox Controls (link below)? The idea is intriguing to me. If ou do use them, what do you think, and how much did they cost?

THANKS!

-Matt (t6)

--------------------
    "On November 2 the voice of the people was heard. I promise not to imitate it out of respect for the mentally retarded" - Lewis Black (Comedian)
    I paid $1000 late last year.

Quote Originally Posted by vtran96 View Post
    I thought you had them on your Jeep? Anyway, the Suregrips are super easy to use. You can accelerate by just placing your hand on top of the handle it's that easy. I also have the MPDs and it's not even a contest. If I can find a decent set of Suregrips, they will take the place of the MPDs.
    When you say Suregrip do you mean push rock hand controls and when you say MPD are you talking about right angle hand controls?

fwiw: Both company's make both (and other styles) of mechanical hand controls.

Sounds to me like you prefer push rock hand controls over right angle hand controls.
    Jim, MA, MMET
    Bridgewater, MA

Quote Originally Posted by Automotive Innovations View Post
    When you say Suregrip do you mean push rock hand controls and when you say MPD are you talking about right angle hand controls?

fwiw: Both company's make both (and other styles) of mechanical hand controls.

Sounds to me like you prefer push rock hand controls over right angle hand controls.
    Yes, push-rock which I believe is the original. The MPD's are right angle. I wish everybody considering hand controls could/would try the Suregrips. I'm convinced the majority would choose it over most other brands. You don't even need dexterity in your fingers to operate it, just the palm of your hand.

Yes, push-rock which I believe is the original. The MPD's are right angle. I wish everybody considering hand controls could/would try the Suregrips. I'm convinced the majority would choose it over most other brands. You don't even need dexterity in your fingers to operate it, just the palm of your hand.
    I agree, I use them and probably will never use another brand. I mostly lay my wrist on it instead of my palm though when giving gas, but use my palm when stopping.

I thought you had them on your Jeep? Anyway, the Suregrips are super easy to use. You can accelerate by just placing your hand on top of the handle it's that easy. I also have the MPDs and it's not even a contest. If I can find a decent set of Suregrips, they will take the place of the MPDs.
    This thread is super old. I have SureGrips in both my Jeep & my Subaru.

Quote Originally Posted by -scott- View Post
    This thread is super old. I have SureGrips in both my Jeep & my Subaru.
    Ah, didn't catch that. These really old threads seem to find new life every so often and I forget to look at the dates.
    Last edited by vtran96; 07-10-2012 at 08:48 AM.

Ok so you like push rock over right angle not Sure Grip over MPD.

I've seen a lot of people who can't do push rock but can do right angle hand controls so i doubt it would be the majority.

Same goes with i've seen a lot of people who can't do mechanical hand controls.

I do believe a lot of people who currently drive with right angle would be better off with push rock, push twist or push pull hand controls mostly due to the vehicle they chose to drive.

As to "the original" if you mean Sure Grip was the first to do push rock I doubt that very much.

Mind you i doubt we were the first, we did our own push rock, push twist, pull rock, pull twist & pull pull well before i ever heard of Sure Grip.

Along with several other manufactures Sure Grip and MPD build great long lasting hand controls that if installed and serviced properly should out last any vehicle.
    Jim, MA, MMET
    Bridgewater, MA

I'm a C6-7 and the Suregrip is so easy to accelerate that I can do it with my thumb. My MPD's require significantly more downward force to accelerate. Resting my entire arm on the MPD's isn't enough to accelerate whereas the Suregrips are the exact opposite. Keep in mind that the majority of SCI patients aren't high level quads so I can see most para's and some quads favoring the Suregrips. As for the claim of "the original," it's on their website so interpret that as you may. Maybe they're just implying their original design, that's how I interpret it. I'm not try to start an argument and apologize if there was any confusion, just telling you my experience and personal opinion.

I'm a C6-7 and the Suregrip is so easy to accelerate that I can do it with my thumb. My MPD's require significantly more downward force to accelerate. Resting my entire arm on the MPD's isn't enough to accelerate whereas the Suregrips are the exact opposite. Keep in mind that the majority of SCI patients aren't high level quads so I can see most para's and some quads favoring the Suregrips. As for the claim of "the original," it's on their website so interpret that as you may. Maybe they're just implying their original design, that's how I interpret it. I'm not try to start an argument and apologize if there was any confusion, just telling you my experience and personal opinion.
    No problem, i was just trying to clarify a preference for a style and not a brand.

Both companies have both styles of controls.

btw:Our preference is to always put the same style and brand controls in the vehicle unless for someone it's not practical in the new application.
    Jim, MA, MMET
    Bridgewater, MA