Thread: head support for manual chair on long road trips?

head support for manual chair on long road trips?

Are there any out there? I have to believe we would take more road trips if my son could sleep or rest comfortably while driving (he is the passenger). Any ideas, clever inventions ????

If the manual chair has no way of tilting I don't think having a headrest would be much of a break for being able to sleep or even rest comfortably. He would still be sitting bolt upright, which I certainly don't feel is very comfortable or nap inducing because I would be scared of falling out of my chair. If it has a recline or tilt feature there are a ton of headrests available.

On a long trip I would think he'd be more comfortable transferring to a seat. Is that possible for you guys?
    My blog: Living Life at Butt Level

Ignite Phoenix #9 - Wheelchairs and Wisdom: Living Life at Butt Level

"I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit."

Dawna Markova Author of Open Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by JenJen View Post
    On a long trip I would think he'd be more comfortable transferring to a seat. Is that possible for you guys?
    this is the best (and safest) option.

if he'd feel more at ease w/ another cushion for the car, look into the roho airhawk ($80, link).

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Pruett View Post
    this is the best (and safest) option.

if he'd feel more at ease w/ another cushion for the car, look into the roho airhawk ($80, link).
    maybe, but if youre in a train/taxi/paratransit, transferring is not an option, so if only to avoid hurting my neck by it flopping around everytime we encounter a speedbump, a headrest may be the best option. there are loads of aftermarket headrests available for manual chairs.