Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Going power for recreation etc

Mooner - it was really the best price I found and we searched for a long time. Planet Mobility still had them on their webpage but when I contacted them because there was some descripincies in the actual order form and theirs they told me they couldn't get them. We had to pay for it all out of pocket as well. The guy I spoke with was Bill, the owner, he has assured me any parts I need he will get me and give me assistance over the phone. Then if push comes to shove I do have a local dealer that will charge me to work on it as he can sell them to but I didn't order it through him (he said he understood but ...we will see) Good luck and if there is anything else I can do let me know.

Great thread.

I'm researching PC's for my place, 2.5 acres on a hillside where we get "weekend" snow in the winter, to help get to the soccer fields better so I can watch my kid play, and get around outside more, etc.

For ins to contribute, it has to be for "indoor use" - as if being a shut in is a good thing, so I think the Omega might be out, although except for the Tank Chair, it looks like the ultimate PC w/the dualies in the front, a 1000lb towing capacity and lower COG.

Some great insights into both!

Thx guys!!
    rob

^^^ Nice!!!

it's amazing to see how much this technology has changed in the last few years. very cool stuff out there now.
    rob

I am looking at X5, I got snowed in last year. I live on my own and have dog to walk everyday. I don't have anyone to come looking for me after an hour, but I just want to be able to get my dog to the nearest field for a run around at least once in the day when weather is really bad.

My Quantum Vibe slides all over place and twice I have slid into a wall and taken the lights out on left side. My scooter wouldnt even make it out this last february when it was really bad and thats usually better over playing fields and stuff than chair, but wont go through swing gate into nearest park (so thats why i got chair too, can just get it through with footrests removed)

Can anyone with X5 tell me what is length of chair with footplate flipped up please? So I can measure space in swing gate to see if I would get it in. I figured if I go in on a diagonal in middle then turn back wheels into corner so can move gate over to other side I should then be able to turn front castors out towards exit and get out.

If a RWD can do it without same maneuverability as MWD the X5 should do it right? Anyone ever tried? I managed to get a dragon through it today (another demo but chair isn't suitable for me).

Where can I get X5 for good price in UK?

Kati