Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Going power for recreation etc

Hello & ...

Quote Originally Posted by forestranger52 View Post
    The OmegaTrac is front wheel drive. Turns fine. Makes little difference since I use them both every week. I guess if you have very little room it may count but you wanted to know about outdoors.
    The OmegaTrac would run circles around the X-5 especially climbing and side hills.
    And when it comes to stability, balance and confidence the OmegaTrac is better.
    Hello, I just got a used 2003 Omegatrac with Tilt and Air. I am usually in a Quickie Rhythm... I am glad to meet other Omegatrac and X5 and all else people! I am currently looking to stop my Omegatrac from sliding down a steep hill on wet/granules ridden pavement. any help is highly

Here are pictures of the chair, I've since changed to indoor grey hard rubber tires. The tires you see in pictures are ATV tires not usually used for slow wheelchairs ... I think!?

cheers,
    dan

My friend has the X5 and goes everywhere with it. I just had coffee with him today and he was able to "play" in a fountain near the movie theater that is probably 4" lower than ground level. You can see some of what he has done with his X5 here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sY_27avxu_I . After we had coffee we went to a park a few blocks away (uphill) and he towed me part of the way when the grade was a bit too steep for my manual chair (FUN). We went through grass, wood chips, etc. and there was nothing that would stop that chair. His turning radius is amazing, doing donuts in the chairs footprint.
    ~Mandy~
    SCI as a result of spinal surgery
    TiLite Aero Z!!!

ok, only read few replies. my quickie p222 takes me everywhere. i live on 2.5 acres, been hiking and camping in casades and rockies with it. i could go on. they work with me for latch free flip up armrests.

i love it. somebody mentioned omega....why? a tank. unless looking for a total orv, why would anybody want that? i remember somebody sending me a pic few yrs ago. kinda like ibot, only worse. imo.
    Last edited by cass; 12-28-2009 at 02:39 AM.

Well I think I am going to try to get a quote on the X5 it sounds like the best all around electric wheelchair for me. On my acerage and around the house and in town, will just have to figure out how to move it in and out of my vehicles. Will probably have to get some sort of trailer I guess for now. I will post the price comparisons between Canada and the States just so you guys can see how much of a crazy difference there is when are dollar is only around 0.95 to one of yours.

Mooner

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA
    The OmegaTrac is not a tank. It operates indoors just like my old quickie but outdoors is where it really shines. Currently have 7 inches of lake effect snow and had no problem driving to the top of my steep driveway and then up the dirt road to the top of the hill. I won't have things plowed until snow stops. Maybe tomorrow afternoon.

Theres no concrete or asphalt around here.
    The X-5 would have no problem either.
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

Here's my X5 in action this morning. After I plowed, my driveway along with my two neighbors, I pulled the girls around the neighborhood. The snow is about 3-4inches of wet heavy snow- I weigh 220ish, my daughters weigh a combined 130ish. My tires are 3 1/2 years old and need replacing, but as you can see the beast still goes.

Get one and HAVE FUN!!!

Dave

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/n...t=MVI_0296.flv
    Dave

thats awsome herco can you show pics of the plow you have for that beast looks like yall are havin fun
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA
    The X-5 has excellent traction with the low pressure knobby tires. However I bet that I wear them out fast also. Grey, foam filled, nylon knobbys would be much better but the tires are not as aggressive. I would have to be cautious pulling any weight simply because of the center of gravity. My X-5 weighs approximately 270 pounds. I weight about 240, so you can see that my chair has a very high center of gravity and could easily be puled off its wheels unless the attachment was made as low as possible. Thats why side hills are dangerous and for me to climb anything relatively steep I need to go up back wards tilting the chair into the pitch.

The web site states that the maximum user weight on the X-5 is 400 lbs but that would be suicide.

The OmegaTrac weighs about 460 lbs so the center of gravity is very low giving the chair excellent stability and enabling me to climb very steep hills and cross reasonable side hills but it's sometimes critical to throughly plan your route.

I recently purchased a used Iridium Satellite phone so at least if something bad happens I can possibly contact help. I have found a few cabins that have been entered illegally and it's nice to call the authorities immediately.

Enjoy the snow, just watch the ice!
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

That's pretty cool Herco. I didn't realize they went that fast, and had that much power. Your girls loved it. Can you actually plow your driveway with it? Or did you use something else to plow.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by wheelin 48 View Post
    thats awsome herco can you show pics of the plow you have for that beast looks like yall are havin fun
    I wish I had something cool to show you, wheelin, but its not impressive. I simply use a 27" wide push/plow type shovel and go like hell. LOL The X5 sits inside the 27" track, but most of the time I don't need the snow cleared for it until it gets to be 7-8" deep. Thats just too deep and it high centers. I use a one-stage snowblower for anything up to 12 or so inches and then I call a friend after that!
    Dave