Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This is impossible! (colonoscopy tomorrow)

Mona, what is it that you are drinking? The GoLytley stuff to clear your bowels or just water for some reason?

How are you handling the potential bowel issues if your aide leaves tonite?
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Hi Mona,

I hope things work for you! I tried 2 times to get cleaned out for a colonoscopy, it didn't work by the next morning either time so I wasn't able to get the test done. I drank Golytely the first time, second time I took pills with water every 15 minutes for 2 hours.
    Renee

oh lord, did it work for me. poor mona.

I would never do the prep at home.
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

Quote Originally Posted by sreneet View Post
    Hi Mona,

I hope things work for you! I tried 2 times to get cleaned out for a colonoscopy, it didn't work by the next morning either time so I wasn't able to get the test done. I drank Golytely the first time, second time I took pills with water every 15 minutes for 2 hours.
    You're not alone. They need to do sci different because of lack of muscle tone. I didn't get cleaned out good. The 50% he could see looked good & no polyps. I drank nearly 128 ozs of Golytely in 3 1/2 hrs. but my weak muscles didn't push it out. The liquid ran around the bm & my bed had poop from my head to my toes. I slept in mess all night. My pca spent the night but didn't know how to control it evidently. She kept changing chucks & washing me up.
    Getting me up this morning I kept using it. Had to try 3 times to get in my chair clean. The last time I used it in the chair & had no time to clean up. Went to the Dr's dirty. You can see bm & juice in my pictures he gave me. Came home & ate for the 1st time in 2 days & now I'm using it in my wheelchair.grrrrrrrrrrrrr He said it would probably keep doing it for 2-3 days. I emailed my pca to come back please..............?

Thanks everyone

He said to come back in 3yr since it wasn't a clean look.

I went through that earlier this year for my exam.. disaster! kept it pretty well hidden and glad I brought extra clothes with me when I got checked out.
    I'd prefer the ol' cod liver oil treatment than the water torture.
    Rick Brauer or just call me - Mr B

http://www.riseadventures.org

Oh dear Mona. WHat a night. I was worried about that. Glad the pca stayed at least, but still. When you ware worrying more about the sp and the liquids, I was concerned you wouldn;t be prepared for the other!

Some people will only do the prep in the hospital. You might want to consider that next time. (Yikes .... you probably don;t even want to think about it).
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Mona,

You're probably already using powder but staying down a day may help prevent any current chapping into bloody hemorrhoids.

Rick I had extra clothes too, but they didn't last long.

Thanks Sjean, I had problems with my bp & ad too. Not sure if it was urine or bm.
    But near the end my belly was hugh & my nose stuffed up and I started getting sharp pains in my head. That's when I stopped drinking. I would have considered the hospital but was worried about getting a pressure sore being off my air loss mattress.
    Everyone seems to get one there. The lol was what I meant, I might not go back.

J/L staying in bed would definately be good.
    Thanks for mentioning powder.

Mona, what an ordeal...when ever my son has a hospital stay we pack his bed and take along...it rolls up like a sleeping bag with belts and a handle...hope things get back to normal soon...did you get your new roho yet?