Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: new/upcoming schwalbe tires

new/upcoming schwalbe tires

hiya
    the international site for schwalbe has several new/upcoming additions to their wheelchair-specific tires, some with smartguard (like marathon plus - they have new rights runs with it), some with ceramicguard...

http://www.schwalbe.com/gbl/en/produ...lProducts=true

i had a quick look on the american website, and they dont mention any of this, so i dont know if the site is due for an update or what... they do mention the reflective strips on marathons though

Yes, but their size aren`t for daily use wheelchairs, only for handbikes, basket, etc.

no, there are several available for 540 and 559 (24" and 25" wheelchair), including the new right run plus and the airborn, and the ones that are meant for pushing usually have 2grip

These are all cool tires...just wish they were not so freaking expensive! Even the site the Fuente posted for the right runs for 559 wheels wants something like $18 for shipping...that is almost the cost of 1 tire! Ugh...maybe when I am not so financially strapped (whenever that may be).
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

I bought some Schwalbe Marathon Plus Evo's in May. And before very long cracks appeared between the tread and the sidewall. The tires have not "failed" as such, but deep cracks do not inspire confidence.

For tires that see a maximum speed of, say, 6mph I would call that "crap". Especially in view of the price tag.

Quote Originally Posted by amyk View Post
    they do mention the reflective strips on marathons though
    They're the tyres that I'm waiting for, the Marathon Plus Evolution REFLEX - however they are only available in 22 & 24's at the moment Need something extra when its dark 18 hours a day.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkB701 View Post
    I bought some Schwalbe Marathon Plus Evo's in May.
    I've not heard of that before, wonder if it's climate related. What pressure have you been running them at?

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliecoach View Post
    These are all cool tires...just wish they were not so freaking expensive!
    I buy mine in the UK as they are only £15 each ($25, €17) They are twice the price in Sweden & Germany

where in the uk sacastrix?

Quote Originally Posted by MarkB701 View Post
    I bought some Schwalbe Marathon Plus Evo's in May. And before very long cracks appeared between the tread and the sidewall. The tires have not "failed" as such, but deep cracks do not inspire confidence.

For tires that see a maximum speed of, say, 6mph I would call that "crap". Especially in view of the price tag.

Same with mine Mark

Blog Entries
    Those Airbornes are interesting as an everyday tire. http://www.schwalbe.com/gbl/en/produ...oint=Rollstuhl

At 180g the Ultremo R.1s might make a nice training tire for racers but I think they need to offer a 20c or 19c. Good stuff all things considered.