Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are there any EBAYERS Here? Want to share experiences & tips? Please post here

Are there any EBAYERS Here? Want to share experiences & tips? Please post here

Recently I found second after cure passion of my life-ebay
    Makes great hobby going to garage sales buying someting for a $1 and then turn it into profit...This is something everyone of us can do from home. And you dont have to be phd or even college graduate to do it ....Its so user friendly..And did'nt I mention some $$?
    I consider ebay to be "poor mans" stock market!Any questions? Please post-I'll try to answer to best of my ability.

Please visit my recent auctions and share your experiences here

web page

To moderators-Don't remove this thread, please. I'm not selling or advertising anything. Just trying to share with fellow members how to make honest buck

Thank you,

[This message was edited by Max on 01-24-04 at 09:16 PM.]

HEY MAX, I SELL ON EBAY AS WELL. I SELL PART TIME AND I MAKE ABOUT 500.00 A MONTH OR SO. IT'S FUN TO SEE WHAT WILL SELL OUT THERE. I'VE BEEN DOING IT FOR ABOUT 6 MONTHS NOW. GIVES ME SOMETHING TO DO. I GO TO THE LOCAL PAWN SHOPS AND BUY CHEAP AND MAKE A BUCK OR TWO. WITH MY PROFITS I BUY BEANIE BABIE BEARS. GIVES ME SOMETHING TO DO.

I'm an Ebay buyer. I always look on Ebay for things I need. I recently got a good deal on a Carex shower bench. Never tried selling.

~See you at the SCIWire-used-to-be-paralyzed Reunion ~

All I know is don't try to sell your girlfriend.....lol

Max - Aside from the basic concept, I'm not familiar with how ebay works; but it sounds interesting. Is there a way to promote or get exposure for your items other than just posting them and hoping someone stumbles across them. That Life Magazine with Drysdale on the cover caught my eye, but it's certainly nothing that I would have gone looking for. Thanks.

[This message was edited by Rick on 01-26-04 at 11:28 AM.]

Me and my hubby have been Ebaying since about 1999...
    Selling and buying... more buying lately than selling. And believe it or not, people are looking for odd things all the time... And it sure supplements the income in the house... The profit is our hobby money that we keep turning and turning and tuning over...

And you don't have to be a computer whiz to do it either...

There sure is millions of people that search Ebay for all the crazy things...

I was wondering if they (ebay) gets a percentage of your sales. Also, is the credit card or pay pal cheap and easy to use.

Originally posted by Rick:

Max - Aside from the basic concept, I'm not familiar with how ebay works; but it sounds interesting. Is there a way to promote or get exposure for your items other than just posting them and hoping someone stumbles across them. That Life Magazine with Drysdale on the cover caught my eye, but it's certainly nothing that I would have gone looking for. Thanks.
    Rick-Ebay works very simple once you posted your goods be it Life magazines, Maps & Alases of Ukraine or even silly greeting card from Ukrainian president(BTW those selling like hot pancakes ) you automatically go into ebay search machine in everypossible key word. You get world exposure no need to advertize! I do on top of that-knowing what my customers want & if I get the item & if there is trust-I send them emails proposing to buy item off ebay. I also ask them if they would like me to send ocasional email about my new auctions...Nobody stumbles upon it-people finding items just by typing kewords be it Drystale, Maris, Mantle, JFK or Kuchma or any other thing you looking for...Trust me-you can find anything exept "forbidden fruits" like guns, narcotics ets.all items that described in ebay list of exempt.

Before commiting yourself to ebay-try to play for a while with their amazing search engine...

I am trying to sell small unbreakable things. Yes ebay takes fee for posting thing there depending on initial price (in my case 30Cents) & they get small percentage from final sale price. They give you 2 chance to relist your item and if it not sold they don't take 30c for second relisting.

Its very easy to post there your things by using free turbo lister programme -its no brainer. Believe-Its much harder to find your nichse in the market, figure out your price (so your items will sell), approx postage & to get first 10 positive feedback, so next customers will have confidence in you...

My biggest item I've sold was rare April 13,1962 Life Mag with post cereal ad with rare incert of Maris/Mantle baseball card inside (see atached pic)I've sold it for 90$US...Taking into account that I got those mags for free....I belive I made more profit on my intial investment that our "stock market wizzards" ever did

I just snatched same card on ebay but without mag. for 7.57$ overbidding previous bidder just by 2c! (my personal record) & I already have customers for it lining up..I still dont know whether to resell it privately or keep as souvenir

Please feel free to ask any q. about ebay or better go there-they have very good tutorials

I'm still newbee there but each day learning more tricks of trade

My advice for those who start -to start with small enexpencive items to gain positive feedback & confidence-it comes with experience..

Mary,

Tsk, tsk, tsk

eVerybody knows that you secretly jealous about Jeff

Please keep your passion out of my ebay thread

Business loves coooooool heads

[This message was edited by Max on 01-26-04 at 06:20 PM.]

Originally posted by david65:

I was wondering if they (ebay) gets a percentage of your sales. Also, is the credit card or pay pal cheap and easy to use.
    David,

It depends if you are buyer or seller..

If you already have paypal account, its automatically connected by registration to your credit card.When you buying through your paypal account I think there is no fee to your credit card (I maybe wrong-just giving my opinion to best of my knowlege)---
    If you buy directly using your credit card without having account with paypal they must deduct something...I really don't know this aspect

You should not rely on my opinion-please read rules before commiting yourself

But some sellers have problems with pay-pal because they take fee from seller if someone just uses credit card directly.....I belive it is 50c!
    At first time I was little intimidated, but then decided -what the heck -so I added hidden insurance cost of 25c to my items....
    Belive me it does not happen very often!

Pay-pal is the best way to get your money-if of course you sell volumes of stuff...Saves time!

But I recently met some very experienced ebayers who still prefer old way of getting paid by check or money order....Some (like me) even will accept & send small amount of cash in the mail....
    Everything on ebay is build on trust & RESPECT!

People who abuse trust get bad feedback & eventually quit themselves or get banned.

I also would advise buyers to read all details of item espetially shipping-sometime item seems cheap-but shipping is high & obligatory!!!

In any case don't be afraid to ask all the questions by email to seller before bidding on items!
    Ebay is very friendly & polite place

Mikes & Krajaxa (hope I spelled it right)

Would you be kind to post
    links to your sales page like I did.

Thanks,