Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Finally got my new wheelchair

Finally got my new wheelchair

After 4 months of waiting. sheesh... Next time I'll have some money saved up and I'll cut the middle man and buy a really nice chair myself. Really happy I decided to go with the Quickie GTX and not the Quickie 2 lite. These fendered side guards are a life saver...! I'd post pictures but I need to go down town to let the people that bought the chair make sure it's fitting right. (So far my only complaint is the scissor-lock lever position. Why would they put them under the seat?? Gonna ask the guy about getting D's locks. (pictures tonight.)

Woohoo! That's one heck of a wait, but worth it. Congrats!

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

I would post pictures but I appear to have mis-placed my camera battery charger. Basically it's a million times better than my old one. My only complaint is the brakes. I really wanted side guards that have fenders so I had to get scissor locks... They brake well but they're under the seat. Why would anyone do that? I'm talking to my wheelchair provider about D's locks. He thinks I should stick with these because the thing that locks the wheels he said are just a little smaller than the holes they go in so there's just a little bit of give... I haven't heard anything but good news about them though... anybody have an issue with them?

Edit; for now, the side guards were WAY worth it.

Congrats. Looking forward to pics.

Under the seat is the only place the brakes can go on a GTX. I ordered a Ti TR today and am looking at the D's lock also Sam. I'm having my scissor brake located on the bottom rail to make it easier. They look really efficient. It's about time a good disc brake comes out.

Congrats on the GTX, may you travel many miles and have no flats. Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    Under the seat is the only place the brakes can go on a GTX. I ordered a Ti TR today and am looking at the D's lock also Sam. I'm having my scissor brake located on the bottom rail to make it easier. They look really efficient. It's about time a good disc brake comes out.

Congrats on the GTX, may you travel many miles and have no flats. Patrick
    I know they need to be there but it seems like a very bad idea... I hope that I am able to get D's locks. Heard nothing but good things about them. I was also wondering if the pistons limit the folding in folding chairs. My chair provider is worried that when I fold it up, the pistons will cause it to not be able to fold as small as it can without them. Any complaints at all about the 2 issues that I brought up?

Pictures.

Here are two pictures. (The blue one is the new one. The other one is my old one from 2001 for comparison.)

Picture 2 didn't post in the other one. (The old one is now a living room decoration.)

(I don't know how to resize them. Sorry.)
    Last edited by sam10685; 12-06-2009 at 04:35 AM.

Congrants Sam for your new year.

What is your level? because you`ve got a very hight backrets
    Why you buy the gtx with the remove footrest?

I think that you are going to have problems with that cushion, it`s to big and when you sit in it, will expand to the sides and will push your sideguards and they will hit the wheels, so you better separate the wheels a bit, that`s no poblem in that chair, but if you`ve got 2ยบ camber be careful when you separate them to stay in the same degree position.

Hi just wondering what this is, is it some sort of holder?

Attachment 33022