Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hipsters

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    They're all just Christopher poseurs and wannabes.

Bike messenger in a big city always seemed like a fun gig to me.
    You can't beat the original baby! And yeah, if I could walk again I'd be right back at it. Here's a REAL hipster Olympic event! I've posted it before but the version I posted was taken down because of copyright violations. I met the guy in the beginning a few times. He comes to our races here.

Quote Originally Posted by KiranA View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hipster..._subculture%29

So the traditional definition of the hipster was essentially a non-conformist but now it's more of an ironic term?

I listen to unsigned bands. I'm an indie film junkie. I make my own music and art. I like to drink wine and bullshit. I occasionally find myself at American Apparel. Does that make me a hipster? I think labels are dumb.
    I don't think I am any kind of hipster, but make my own music and art too, like to bullshit and would have a smokey smoke if I could. guest if I met you at fest we might hit it off.

the hipster olympics, funny.

Quote Originally Posted by christopher View Post
    You can't beat the original baby! And yeah, if I could walk again I'd be right back at it. Here's a REAL hipster Olympic event! I've posted it before but the version I posted was taken down because of copyright violations. I met the guy in the beginning a few times. He comes to our races here.

Crazy! Is that Montréal that they are racing through? Love that city!

Quote Originally Posted by jody View Post
    I don't think I am any kind of hipster, but make my own music and art too, like to bullshit and would have a smokey smoke if I could. guest if I met you at fest we might hit it off.
    A real hipster would never label themselves as such. Today's hipster is usually a grown-up SKID. Street Kids in Distress. Who are really upper-middle-class kids from $400K homes. They're too cool to become goth and too cool to be prep, so they becomes skids. Now in their middle 20s, they're hipsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Van Quad View Post
    Crazy! Is that Montréal that they are racing through? Love that city!
    No it's New York. We did have a courrier race last weekend though, followed by another Hipster Olympic competition,

Bike Polo!

And I just thought hipsters referred to a type of jeans... in my small town we don't have hipsters, but we do have a bunch of those teenage ''emo's''. I think one of the prerequisites is that you have to weigh 98lbs or less.

Not a hipster look. Right?
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Quote Originally Posted by anban View Post
    And I just thought hipsters referred to a type of jeans... in my small town we don't have hipsters, but we do have a bunch of those teenage ''emo's''. I think one of the prerequisites is that you have to weigh 98lbs or less.
    That's pretty much a hipster in training.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Edwards View Post

Not a hipster look. Right?
    He's lacking the required irony. Plus, he puts way too much time into his look to be a hipster. I vote metrosexual.