Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Hipsters

Quote Originally Posted by cheesecake View Post
    So this aging woman wants to know what Zeus and Kiran mean by American Apparel.

Back in the day, lol, the late 60's and early 70's hipsters are what our parents called our low cut bell bottoms that sat on our hips.
    Hi CheeseCake,

Hip Huggers.... yeah, I had a few pair of those to go with my platform shoes. What a sight! Along with shag razor-cut haircuts and shag carpeting. Somewhere between Woodstock and early Disco.

Bob.
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

Quote Originally Posted by bob clark View Post
    Hi CheeseCake,

Hip Huggers.... yeah, I had a few pair of those to go with my platform shoes. What a sight! Along with shag razor-cut haircuts and shag carpeting. Somewhere between Woodstock and early Disco.

Bob.
    Bob~ That would make us about the same age--except my parents and grandparents never got it right--they called the hip huggers, "hipsters".

Platform shoes, damn, I remember falling off of mine in the 9th grade. Boy were they ever a dumb fad and I was dumber to but them!
    Every day I wake up is a good one

If anyone ever visits London, just walk around the Shoreditch area and you will know what a hipster is. They also for some reason seem to have a deathwish crossing the roads and while cycling. Grown up EMOs maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by bob clark View Post
    Hi CheeseCake,

Bob.
    Oh that brings back some memories!
    My mouth is like a magician's hat, never know what might come out of it.