Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How's your Cristmas shopping coming?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Smile How's your Cristmas shopping coming?

I just finished mine online, and even have enough left over for groceries!

YES!! I do 99.99% of my shopping on line and I have my daughter taken care of.....now it's time keep up with the tracking info on all of the packages! Ordered alot of stuff on Monday morning and have received about 75% of it!!! Anyone wanna help me wrap??
    Larry
    ------
    Visit - The Wolfe Pit Channel

Pretty much done. Waiting for a few packages in the mail.

I wrap - but think I'm too far away. lol, we end you at the NIH, you're on.

I haven't even started. I've been too busy selfishly shopping for myself.

I hardly do any real shopping anymore unless I find something personal to the person. I'm just a gift card giver.

Amazingly I'm almost done. I have a few more purchases to make and already know what to get...just need to get to the store as soon as the weather warms up.

Usually I'm shopping the week of Christmas so this is a huge thing for me.
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

i don't bother , gift cards , alls happy.
    oh well

I do alot of research online for my christmas gifts and then travel to the stores to pick -up, I hate having to pay for shipping but some sites have free shipping and no tax and I will purchase from those sites. I join sites and receive discounts and coupons for free stuff, I just recieved a $15 coupon off at Sephora, that will almost buy me a Philosophy body wash (kick in a buck) I love free stuff. I'm not done with christmas shopping, I have a big family but I'm half way done, its fun to get all bundled up and head to the stores to shop, of course one must get a cinnabon or cookies for energy.

Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    I do alot of research online for my christmas gifts and then travel to the stores to pick -up, I hate having to pay for shipping but some sites have free shipping and no tax and I will purchase from those sites. I join sites and receive discounts and coupons for free stuff, I just recieved a $15 coupon off at Sephora, that will almost buy me a Philosophy body wash (kick in a buck) I love free stuff. I'm not done with christmas shopping, I have a big family but I'm half way done, its fun to get all bundled up and head to the stores to shop, of course one must get a cinnabon or cookies for energy.
    I think the high here yesterday was around 16 degrees with wind chill below zero!
    I hate paying shipping too so find places with free shipping or a low flat rate.
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

Christmas shopping!? I wish. I have no money for that or anything like it. I've got a few people that I will buy presents for but I haven't even started yet and I think everyone else will get a card. It's a really nasty broke month for me. Maybe next year everyone in the family will get a present.
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

Quote Originally Posted by rybread View Post
    Christmas shopping!? I wish.
    While I am atheist, I find it to be so much more special when I'm not fighting to buy anything in stores. My family stopped gift giving years ago (like ten or so) because it was just becoming too expensive, plus we never see each other ... it's much better now because it frees up some money to give to charity. It's a tough year for everyone though Rybread.

This will be the first year I haven't bought for my sister's kids but ... over the course of the year I paid my niece $300 to paint my bedrooms, gave her $1000 diamond necklace that David gave me years ago, gave her an opal ring that I owned, bought her two outfits and shoes. My nephew I gave him my brand new laptop because they needed to look for a house and being online helped them do that ... so I think they've been treated fairly well over the year!

Though I was thinking of gag gifts for the kids (they're in their mid-twenties now, not kids anymore!)

http://www.furhatworld.com/aviator-t...ml?cPath=42_65

David and I used to go toy shopping for the local firefighter's toy drive .. I'm cutting off that tradition. His fault. lol
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12