Thread: Quads and cell phones

Tucson, AZ USA / San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico

Quads and cell phones

I'd love to get an I-phone or a Blackberry or something but as a c5-6 quad, can I manage one? I've had the same low-tech, plain old Nokia phone for years because its one of the few I could find that I didn't have to "unfold" and had buttons that I could push. Also, I don't want to have to worry about dropping and destroying a $300+ device. Anybody have any suggestions/advice?
    Rick Goldstein
    GO! Mobility Solutions
    facebook.com/goes.anywhere

I've had the new iPhone 3GS model from the day it was introduced, and love it! I am C5/6 too and find it very easy to drab a finger over the screen to change apps. I bought a hard plastic shell case that covers the back and has a slightly raised edge of rubber on the front. The guy at the Mac store told me that it was the best protection out there. I leave mine on all the time because the real on/off button takes a little work for a quad, but it puts itself into sleep mode after a minute or two of unuse and that is fine.

Maybe one of my handles would work for you check them out here..

http://members.cox.net/darty/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by goldnucs View Post
    I'd love to get an I-phone or a Blackberry or something but as a c5-6 quad, can I manage one? I've had the same low-tech, plain old Nokia phone for years because its one of the few I could find that I didn't have to "unfold" and had buttons that I could push. Also, I don't want to have to worry about dropping and destroying a $300+ device. Anybody have any suggestions/advice?
    ^^(A)^^

Thanks Eileen.....I'll swing by the Apple store here. Nice ideas Darty....I'll definitely order one of these. They look great; thanks.

r
    Rick Goldstein
    GO! Mobility Solutions

The more you use one, the easier it gets. You'll even be a better texter in days than you think! Also a flip phone isn't out of the question either, just open it with your teeth. Think of it as exercises nucs, learning more dexterity with your paws.

Hell, I know someone that learned to text with her tongue. Ick. As if we don't get enough looks for opening bottles & mail with our mouth! lol.

Ughhh..texting....still don't understand the point of wasting my time typing when I've got a phone in my hand to call on....guess I'm showing my age, eh? Definitely want to be able to access the internet though and use some of the cool apps.
    Rick Goldstein
    GO! Mobility Solutions

Quote Originally Posted by goldnucs View Post
    Ughhh..texting....still don't understand the point of wasting my time typing when I've got a phone in my hand to call on....guess I'm showing my age, eh? Definitely want to be able to access the internet though and use some of the cool apps.
    Yea, I never was keen on it before either but it does save unneccessary conversation sometimes. I've grown to hate talking on the phone, texting just keeps it to the point. Anyways, it is nice to have internet access @ your hands too.

iphone you get the web, your e-mail, your ipod so music and movies on the go plus with all the apps you can even play games or what ever your into. a lot of the racing games or quad friendly auto gas and brake all you have to do is tilt left or right.
    Street Dreamz c.c. maryland