Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: My M1 Marvel Makeover.......

Quote Originally Posted by OopyDoopy View Post
    BobMach,

I was wondering if you could give me a quick overview of the Sun Fusion 16 rims you just got, you did such a great job on your Marvel review. I was thinking of getting them with the new chair I order on this Friday instead of Spinergy. The vendor I am ordering from is steering me away from them and I am wondering why.

Thanks

Oopy
    well, i only had mine on a few days but i really like them, thick spokes, nice design and seem tight with no flex. they are really light with the Marathons EVO's. i have one thats is SLIGHTLY running un-true but no biggie, next trip to bike shop with fix that and so can your DME, just give them a free spin first before you sign off. the ONLY reason your DME , IMO, is steering you away is the markup percentage he will be making will be less, Sun Fushions are alot cheaper so his profit percentage will be less. its all about percentages, the higher his sale/options the more money he makes.....Basstids !!! BUT if you have the $$$ and are willing to pay a higher deductible go for the Spinergys, Im gonna get a set eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Pruett View Post
    Bob, looks great.

...although I'm not sure I'd trust a phone to stay in place behind my seat with velcro.
    thanks ,man......its the actual holder thats velcro'ed, gone over curbs and such and so far so good. it fall out of my pocket and i rolled over it , lol, an open face slide cell phone too. sucker survived so i thought i better make a holder

Hi Bob, here you`ve got a pic of the titanium rims.

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    Hi Bob, here you`ve got a pic of the titanium rims.
    sweet!!!! i bet there alot of $$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by BobMach View Post
    sweet!!!! i bet there alot of $$$$$
    Are more $$$$ in your Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by BobMach View Post
    well, i only had mine on a few days but i really like them, thick spokes, nice design and seem tight with no flex. they are really light with the Marathons EVO's. i have one thats is SLIGHTLY running un-true but no biggie, next trip to bike shop with fix that and so can your DME, just give them a free spin first before you sign off. the ONLY reason your DME , IMO, is steering you away is the markup percentage he will be making will be less, Sun Fushions are alot cheaper so his profit percentage will be less. its all about percentages, the higher his sale/options the more money he makes.....Basstids !!! BUT if you have the $$$ and are willing to pay a higher deductible go for the Spinergys, Im gonna get a set eventually.
    Thanks BobMach,

I don't really have the money but I am 23 years post and I am sick of settling so I am going to get what I want this time. I just don't want to pay twice the money if something else is better.

Quote Originally Posted by OopyDoopy View Post
    Thanks BobMach,

I don't really have the money but I am 23 years post and I am sick of settling so I am going to get what I want this time. I just don't want to pay twice the money if something else is better.
    thats what i did man, broke my piggy bank open for the Marvel and the new chair wheels and assorted bling bling. The Sun Fushions are nice, much cheaper than Spinergy's and pretty damn light in weight too. so far ive been pleased, if you want to save yourself 300-400.00 bucks, give'em a try. i ordered mine with good hi pressure rim strips and Marathon Evolution EVO's for a lil over 400.00. ............BobMach

To keep more Marvel pics in one place, I'll add mine to Bob's thread:

Our setups are very similar. The differences are my frame is the small size, the back is an ADI, the wing is silver and my foot rest is tubular without the platform. My D's mounting adapters are currently at a machine shop being modified to fit the M1 camber plugs, hence the LX's with the D's rings, in anticipation.

Cheers,
    Dale

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Quote Originally Posted by DaleB View Post
    To keep more Marvel pics in one place, I'll add mine to Bob's thread:

Our setups are very similar. The differences are my frame is the small size, the back is an ADI, the wing is silver and my foot rest is tubular without the platform. My D's mounting adapters are currently at a machine shop being modified to fit the M1 camber plugs, hence the LX's with the D's rings, in anticipation.

Cheers,
    Dale
    kewl, if ya want ill send ya a template for the lizard skins to cut away to fit around the caster extender tube. mine fit like a glove

Looks like everyone's adding Al-hub soft rolls. Perhaps these should be standard with the chair instead of the composite soft rolls.

Dale, Did I miss the story of the ADI back on your M1? It still has the hardware on the wings to accept the mounting brackets for a dual cane back, so I assume this wasn't a one-off from ADI, but rather a spare one you had laying around. Do tell!

I'm digging the color scheme of your Lizzy Skins and back pack. Very color coordinated.

Oh, and where did you source the rubber edging for the side guards? Did you really feel that it needed it?
    Last edited by stephen212; 12-03-2009 at 06:49 PM.