Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Internet explorer......

Angry Internet explorer......

won't open. Either from the i-con or the start menu.
    So what can it be?

I ran some programs and it's saying something about "Internet optimizer" What is that and how do I remove it so my Internet can open again.

Thanks,
    Ed

Does anything happen when you try to run it?
    Do you have another browser installed (Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Opera, etc)?

I don't know about the 'internet optimizer'. You might have stumbled on some malicious software.
    -Dusty

---C5-incomplete "walking quad", Dec.28,2005---

Remove Internet Optimizer, removal instructions
    http://www.2-spyware.com/remove-internet-optimizer.html

I'd download & run |MG| Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.41 Download
    http://majorgeeks.com/Malwarebytes_A...are_d5756.html

Try and open it by double clicking on iexplore under program files in Internet explorer. If that works just drag an icon from iexplore to your desktop. If that doesn't work I would probably download it again.

FlatIron-

I would like to use the link you included but the thing is I can't get the Interent to open whats' so ever. It's not on this computer I'm replying on but rather another computer I have in the house.

I already have that Malwarebytes on the computer. Actually I got them all from savemybutt.com and have been using what they recommend on the site since Spring and never have any problems on the computer.

Is there a way I can over-ride to open a Interent page so I can download the application?

Thanks,
    Ed

Click on My Computer then C: drive then Program File then Internet Explorer then iexplore.exe see if that works. If not download firefox to a usb thumb drive then install it on other PC if this works then download IE again. I keep 2 browsers on a PC just in case.

Maybe obvious, but I'll ask anyway - have you tried to reboot? Tried right-clicking on the program and selecting "open"? Booting into safe mode and then trying the various ways to open IE?

If all that fails, I would install another browser and then go to add/remove and uninstall IE and then do a new install. If you already have the IE install on a disc or flash drive, you won't need to have an alternative browser, but I like to have at least a couple.
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Quote Originally Posted by nick View Post
    I already have that Malwarebytes on the computer.
    Try to update Malwarebytes if it's on there. If it won''t still run a scan with it.

Then reboot the PC & open the Run box & type iexplore.exe & see if IE will fire up.

If IE still doesn't work then do what jryprt suggested.
    If not download firefox to a usb thumb drive then install it on other PC if this works then download IE again.
    It's always good to have a second or third browser in case IE screws up.
    Myself, I use Firefox 99% of the time.

Thanks for the help. I got it working again this morning. I right clicked on IExplorer and then opened without ad-ons. It then directed me to turn off my router for 3 minutes and did a diagnostic check. Fixed it. Then was able to update MalwareBytes and have a complete full scan going on now!

Thanks again and happy holidays to all

Well, it's still doing the same thing. I downloaded Firefox as a backup a couple of days ago and everything was good but when I went to turn on the computer this morning it mysteriously dissappeared. How is this possible.

I had Norton Anti-Virus as protection and it expired and I'm not ever going back with them. There is no protection on the computer as I type. However the computer I'm using now just has a firewall turned on and very little protection and I never have a problem just surfing the web.

So now what? What is causing this problem. Is it true that Norton sends corrupt files to a system just so you go back and buy the protection from them? I have heard of this from many people and if it is indeed true I will say that Norton in f'in with the wrong individual on this.

I'm stumped on what to do.

I will however contact Norton and if need be I will be getting pretty nasty with the higher up individuals of this corporation.

Thanks,
    Ed