Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: What songs get you in the Christmas mood?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Northern New Mexico
    Posts
    146

    What songs get you in the Christmas mood?

    I figured I'd spread some Holiday cheer and see what song get's y'all in the Christmas spirit?

    Here is mine. I suggest you turn the speakers up. =)

    http://www.cmt.com/videos/robert-ear...-family.jhtml?

    Jimmy

  2. #2
    Fairytale of New York by The Pogues and Kristy McCool has long been one of my favorites:


  3. #3
    This one Elvis Presley - I'll Be Home On Christmas Day:


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvX8HKuDpHA

  4. #4
    This may qualify as a thread hijack... If it does I appologize. I have many favorites but the worst Christmas song EVER - I just heard it again - is Christmas Shoes. WTF kind of Christmas song is that? A little boy's mother dying? - It's an ANTI-CHRISTMAS song.

  5. #5
    Senior Member rdf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Someplace between Nowhere and Goodbye
    Posts
    12,972
    My favorite Christmas song.



    Listen to what I say. Pray for peace people everywhere.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

    Thanks!

  6. #6
    I actually think I might just forgo the whole Christmas thing this year. This is dedicated to my fellow Grinches, and I am sure there must be a few out there lol


  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    3,878
    Quote Originally Posted by orangejello View Post
    I actually think I might just forgo the whole Christmas thing this year. This is dedicated to my fellow Grinches, and I am sure there must be a few out there lol

    I think this was directed towards me. lol. Is it horrible that I hate Christmas music & all decorations except a tree? I guess I'm weird that way.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by quad79 View Post
    I think this was directed towards me. lol. Is it horrible that I hate Christmas music & all decorations except a tree? I guess I'm weird that way.
    No one is ever all alone. Christmas has turned into a commercial holiday and in most cases Christ is left out! I like scilent night.
    From the time you were born till you ride in a hearse, there is nothing so bad that it couldn't be worse!

    All fringe benifits must be authorized by Helen Waite, if you want your SCI fixed go to Helen Waite!

    Why be politically correct when you can be right!

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Christmas has turned into a commercial holiday and in most cases Christ is left out!
    I agree with you, unfortunately. This was posted last year, but is now one of my favorites.

    C2/3 quad since February 20, 1985.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    No one is ever all alone. Christmas has turned into a commercial holiday and in most cases Christ is left out! I like scilent night.
    Christmas was always pagan in origin and nature anyway. If you're a Protestant, you'll hate that Christmas is a portmanteau of Christ and Mass.


Similar Threads

  1. 100 Best Christmas songs
    By Leif in forum Life
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-19-2007, 11:36 PM
  2. mood for work
    By mambo5 in forum Life
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-12-2007, 07:12 PM
  3. your favorite christmas songs.
    By adi chicago in forum Life
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 12-19-2006, 05:38 PM
  4. Christmas past, Christmas present
    By rustyreeves in forum Life
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-21-2004, 05:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •