Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: Under chair storage

  1. #1

    Under chair storage

    Hi all, I just have a quick question regarding what people perfered for under the chair storage. I was thinking of something that would not need to be removed for car transfers and such. What do people use for keep cath supplies, wallet, and car keys in? I have a tilite arezo Z if it makes any difference what would work or not. Thanks

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    last house on the left
    Posts
    9,791
    This is what I use. I like it because everything is zippered in and unable to fall out like it might with velcro or other fasteners. The larger size holds my wallet, cell phone, pens, address book, pills, comb and such. The big zipper ring is fairly easy to stick a thumb in to pull it open of closed if you are a quad.

    http://www.sportaid.com/deluxe-down-under-bags.html

    I keep a regular backpack on the chair for things like a sweater, thermos....whatever wouldn't be too bad to lose if someone grabbed it.

  3. #3
    Senior Member smokey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Massachusetts, USA
    Posts
    2,168
    This is what I use, the black/black WH175J Junior Down Under. I can fit catheters, lube, Wet Ones (flat packs), tubing, tissues and a hex wrench. There are tons of other packs and bags made by this company. I do see the prices are quite steep but once you get one it should last a long time.

    http://www.advantagebag.com/wheelcha...under_bags.htm

  4. #4
    Senior Member CurvySAT05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    492
    This is what I have on my TiLite AeroZ:http://www.sportaid.com/quickie-case....html?&cat=330 . It attaches easily and does not need to be removed for transfers. It comes with a zippered pouch that fits in the under seat compartment. I used the pouch for a while but now I just use a purse. I am able to fit my purse, a water bottle, and a bunch of other stuff in the under seat storage. I absolutely LOVE it!
    ~Mandy~
    SCI as a result of spinal surgery
    TiLite Aero Z!!!

  5. #5
    Senior Member jessie.gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    784
    Accessible Designs and EZ Accessories make cargo nets that fit underneath a manual wheelchair to store extra stuff. I have one that is great for carrying grocery bags or a thick winter coat and poncho.

    If you need a zippered pouch, Accessible Designs also makes a zippered pouch to hold catheters and keys too. I have one that I use for my catheters and an extra ostomy appliance when I am out and about.

    Jessie
    (hereditary spastic paraparesis and L-4 SCI)

  6. #6
    Maybe it's just me, but those solutions seem really expensive. There's got to be a better way. (light bulb in head illuminated)
    Standing up for our rights, one offender at a time!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KH59mpTo5x8

    Follow me on instagram: mikeinbmore

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    1,266
    Quote Originally Posted by jessie.gray View Post
    Accessible Designs and EZ Accessories make cargo nets that fit underneath a manual wheelchair to store extra stuff.
    Hi, can you point at one made by Accessible Designs?

    Thanks.
    Pharmacist, C4-5 injury but functional C6 (no triceps/flexors)

  8. #8
    Senior Member wheeliecoach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    East Haven, CT
    Posts
    2,600
    Quote Originally Posted by JGNI View Post
    Hi, can you point at one made by Accessible Designs?

    Thanks.

    I think you are looking for this:

    http://www.sportaid.com/down-under-catch-all-bags.html
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by CurvySAT05 View Post
    This is what I have on my TiLite AeroZ:http://www.sportaid.com/quickie-case....html?&cat=330 . It attaches easily and does not need to be removed for transfers. It comes with a zippered pouch that fits in the under seat compartment. I used the pouch for a while but now I just use a purse. I am able to fit my purse, a water bottle, and a bunch of other stuff in the under seat storage. I absolutely LOVE it!
    Okay, on your recommendation I just spent 24 dollars of my ill gotten money on this, thanks for the tip!

    Tom
    Last edited by t8burst; 12-29-2009 at 11:10 AM. Reason: grammer

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by warchi81 View Post
    Hi all, I just have a quick question regarding what people perfered for under the chair storage. I was thinking of something that would not need to be removed for car transfers and such. What do people use for keep cath supplies, wallet, and car keys in? I have a tilite arezo Z if it makes any difference what would work or not. Thanks
    Your question brings back memories of the storage space we used to have with the old E&J folding wheelchairs. When opened, the seat upholstery would sag or "hammock" and not be a very good sitting surface. To remedy that, we would place a seat-sized piece of 1/4" plywood on top. That left a space between the plywood and seat upholstery that made a nice nook in which to store a pint liquor bottle, and a knife with a six inch blade or small pistol when going out for a "night on the town." rofl We old crips knew how to live!
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

    See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Similar Threads

  1. Personal item storage for wheel chair
    By moon4id in forum Equipment
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-23-2009, 12:00 PM
  2. cord blood storage
    By suzieqpt in forum Family
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-01-2007, 11:27 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-07-2005, 01:47 AM
  4. Urine Sample Storage
    By AussieShan in forum Care
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-29-2005, 02:54 PM
  5. Problem with e-mail storage
    By Janet McDonald in forum Computers
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-05-2003, 08:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •