Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: ROHO Hybrid Elite Cushion

Quote Originally Posted by DaleB View Post
    I use Roho's and in 4 years haven't had a flat, knock on wood. .

wow.. I've never had one last more than 1 year before the first hole.
    Still use them because it's always been the best cushion for me.

I am using my Spirit right now as I am in backup mode. Typically I use it for outdoor/workshop/garage situations.
    Rick Brauer or just call me - Mr B

http://www.riseadventures.org

Less than 1 year!!?!? I'm coming to the conclusion that I must be really easy on my equipment, compared to the 'norm'. Granted, I've owned 3 Roho's in that time (one for the car and one for each chair) and only 1 is ~4 years old and still in service. One is ~2 years old and one is ~1.5 years old.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliecoach View Post
    I wonder how heavy this cushion would be since the knock on the Jay cushions was that they were heavy. Interesting to see how this one and the Nexus Spirit compare.
    sunrise medical web site says the Jay3 weighs:

16" x 18" Standard: 4.5 lbs. with fluid insert, 2.9 lbs. with dual air insert

16" x 18" Deep: 4.9 lbs. with fluid insert, 3.1lbs. with dual air insert

the Roho Elite 3.5 lbs./ 1.5 kg (based on 17.75” x 18.5” size)

i could live with that, thats still a far cry from the old 7.4Lb. Jay cushion im using now

Here is an interesting note about the "supplier agreement" that launched the new Jay and Roho air/foam hybrid cushions.
    Last edited by WC_Sage; 12-06-2009 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rbrauer View Post
    wow.. I've never had one last more than 1 year before the first hole.
    Still use them because it's always been the best cushion for me.

I am using my Spirit right now as I am in backup mode. Typically I use it for outdoor/workshop/garage situations.

I have a Roho that I have been using for almost 12 years. It's never had a leak. It was my first cushion.

I usually only use it on my “indoor” chair. I have one chair that always stays indoors so I don’t dirty up my carpets, and another chair that I use when I go out that has a stimulite cushion.

I have used the Roho Nexus for 7 years. Never had a problem with flats and I rarely air it up. It probably only gets aired up a few times a year and that's for my own peace of mind. Never have had a red mark either and I don't do pressure reliefs, just move around a lot in general.
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

I just got the ROHO Elite this past week and love it so far. I love the stability and positioning compared to my old Roho high profile. Its SUPER light!

As for Roho in general-I've had leaks in one cushion in six years. My other two have been fine. I bought two off Ebay, but I can't remember which one had the leak.

And- my butt doesn't sweat like it does with the Jay gel-filled version.
    Dave

Roho Elite Hybid

T-10 for 36 years. I have see and used it all. Most products are crap and don't last. Best chair (longevity) TI X. Have over 12 years and going strong. I do my own repairs. Use local hardware stores when possible.
    Current primary ride is now TI ZRA ( 6 months). Purchased Spinergy w/Natural Fit handrims off Ebay.

BEST THINGS EVER - Natural Fit Hand Rims. Your thumb does much of the work and you don't notice till you go back into a chair without them.
    EVERYONE should use NaturalFit hand rims. Shoulders and hands (smooth skin) will thank you.

I HATE ROHO. But they are the best. NO issues ever with me and I have used them for decades. They pop, they leak. It's rubber....... it's gonna fail at some point. My recommendation, try to have a few spares over time.
    I use the 2" low profile. I took a leap of faith (no pun) and purchased the Hybrid Elite from Sportaid.

BEST cushion i have ever used. Has the flotation of air, support on sides and channels for legs, Transfer are much better because you can lift off from the firm spot between the legs. Your hand does not sink into the bottom of air.

BUMMER is the cushion cover. You just can't throw anything on while it's in the wash. The cover contains all the padding for the legs,
    GET A SPARE COVER. Bonus - It's lighter than a 2" Low Profile.

An additional point. I am not a salesperson I am an unemployed IT guy, looking for a job, bored and spending more time on the WWW.

It is interesting that despite the fact that Sunrise makes all the foam bases and Roho makes all the air inserts, the J3 cushion with the Roho insert and the Roho Hybrid Elite are actually significantly different.

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    It is interesting that despite the fact that Sunrise makes all the foam bases and Roho makes all the air inserts, the J3 cushion with the Roho insert and the Roho Hybrid Elite are actually significantly different.
    What are the differences ? advantages disadvantages ?

Just looking at the Roho Hybrid Elite and the Jay 3 with the (Air Single ROHO DRY FLOATATION® Technology, or Air Dual ROHO DRY FLOATATION) insert.