Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: ROHO Hybrid Elite Cushion

Quote Originally Posted by NW-Will View Post
    Yes the foam clearly had SB stamped on it. Thanks for pointing that out.

Did not know there were different cut outs, can't find any nice pictures of an SC or SB or that matter.. would be nice if they put some pictures up so we could see the difference. Even if the cut out is bigger the air balloon cushion part is still the same (I am assuming), where as on the ROHO elite it's bigger and fills the full width of the cushion.

The air bladder is bigger, too. It is marked SC or SB or SA on the bottom, correspondingly. The rep I worked with, Rob Augustino, also said they'd shape something for me, specifically, if I really needed it.

I have an SB demo here, I can measure to see the difference in cutout sizes...

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

...I really would love to see the quadtro valve control put on the elite cushion so you could balance out the two sides really easily, I think that would be an awesome improvement to the elite.
    I agree 100% ..... and the ability to upgrade the air bladder if they ever make this change. Since the bladder is so small I have a hell of a time getting the two chambers properly filled. One side is always wrong. I really wish I had gotten a single chamber, especially since there are no do-overs with cushions.

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    Quote Originally Posted by Davey View Post
    I agree 100% ..... and the ability to upgrade the air bladder if they ever make this change. Since the bladder is so small I have a hell of a time getting the two chambers properly filled. One side is always wrong. I really wish I had gotten a single chamber, especially since there are no do-overs with cushions.
    Glad I am not the only one who sees the value in this improvement to this cushion. I emailed the ROHO website and left a voicemail, but never heard anything back. If nothing else it would make a great experimental unit.

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    Quote Originally Posted by Davey View Post
    Just had an idea... I know this isn't optimal, but how about if you inflate both bladders so they are approximately even in pressure.

Then close the valves, then attach some tubing connecting both valves, making it a closed system. Then sit on your cushion and open both valves, the connecting tubing will stop any air escaping and allow pressure to equalize between both bladders. Adjust your seating position so you're in the perfect position, then close both valves and remove the tube connecting both valves. Hope that makes sense.

If you try this let me know how it works, as I am really interest in the dual bladder hybrid elite cushion and am concerned how I am going to adjust it optimally.

Thanks.

Just had an idea... I know this isn't optimal, but how about if you inflate both bladders so they are approximately even in pressure.

Then close the valves, then attach some tubing connecting both valves, making it a closed system. Then sit on your cushion and open both valves, the connecting tubing will stop any air escaping and allow pressure to equalize between both bladders. Adjust your seating position so you're in the perfect position, then close both valves and remove the tube connecting both valves. Hope that makes sense.

If you try this let me know how it works, as I am really interest in the dual bladder hybrid elite cushion and am concerned how I am going to adjust it optimally.

Thanks.
    That sounds like a pretty good experiment. A poor man's iso-flo, if you will . I'm back on my Quadtro right now. I re-tried the Elite the past couple of days and I got a small sore on my left leg. I'm not sure if it's due to not getting the left bladder correctly filled or if that hump in the middle is causing some pressure. If I get the bladder pressure issue resolved and it still happens, I'll trim that hump like SCI OTR talked about doing. Someone mentioned having a love-hate relationship with their ROHO. I'm in that camp also. It has its issues, but it will almost always allow a sore to heal.

If I can find the time I'll try your suggestion while I'm out of the Elite.

-- David

Quote Originally Posted by sam10685 View Post
    I had a ROHO with my Quickie 2. Loved it but my cat popped it. He was a kitten at the time though. I'm getting a new ROHO with my new chair that's coming soon hopefully. High-profile so he better stay clear of it. Anyone have any recommendations on how to deter cats from using my seat cushion as a scratching post?
    scratching posts available for the cat is easy to do. Its good to have a choice of surfaces and angles available. Like an upright sisal (rope) scratching post, and then somewhere else maybe a horizontal corrugated cardboard one. The cardboard ones are really cheap, so you could get a couple to put around and choose different angles too.

Nail caps are also an option, but some cats don't like wearing them. If they work at it they can chew the caps off. They're these vinyl nail covers that you glue on the nails after a trim. Eventually they're shed off as the nail sheds and then you replace them. Soft paws is one brand.

Edit: woops. I got on this thread clicking a link in another one, didn't realize I was bumping up such an old thread. I have a couple tabs open and lost track of where I was!
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.