Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Taking bladder spasticity medicine isn't working for me >:< Help?

Taking bladder spasticity medicine isn't working for me >:< Help?

So I've been taking one Oxybutynin 5mg tablet four times a day for probably 3 or 4 months now and I still have terrible problems with leaking. I already increased my intake from 3 times a day to 4 times a day, but I'm curious if the dosage is strong enough. I'm soooooooo sick of diapers, and for once just wore underwear today. MISTAKE. My brother took me out of his car and poor thing had my pee on his shoe. Oops. So I sat there for my dad's bbq for hours soaked in urine. At least I can't feel it... I would really love to know what's going on. Ack, help :X :{

I'd ask your urologist to try OXYTROL. It's a patch you stick on your abdomen, hip, or butt and swap out twice a week. It delivers 3.9 mg directly into your bloodstream. It is ditropan in a patch. I've been on it a few years and it has NO side effects like blurred vision. I had been on ditropan and many other bladder meds before trying oxytrol. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by kel13 View Post
    I'd ask your urologist to try OXYTROL. It's a patch you stick on your abdomen, hip, or butt and swap out twice a week. It delivers 3.9 mg directly into your bloodstream. It is ditropan in a patch. I've been on it a few years and it has NO side effects like blurred vision. I had been on ditropan and many other bladder meds before trying oxytrol. Good luck!
    Were the bladder meds not working for you either? and I assume the oxytrol is effective? Thanks so much for the suggestion, I'll definitely ask about it!

Hi I am on oxy meds they dont work on me . I havent found a medicine that helps yet but someday I may lol

I hated leaking and all so I had a Suprapubic Cath surgery it makes my sleeping alot easier .

What does your Urologist Reccomend ?
    Let me know please These pains are somewhat unbearable at times .
    I hope you get feeling better
    This is a great post
    Thank you
    Sincerely ;
    Gypsylady

the meds didn't work for me either. I just wear a leg bag all day an night. I change it once a day. I pretty much empty most of my bladder when I leak into the bag. It sucks wearing a piss bag but pissing on yourself swallows imo. Hope this helps

Different meds work for different people. Work with your Uro and try them all out, I went thru the gamet before finding one that works for me.
    Ditropan & XL
    Detrol & LA
    Enablex
    Oxytrol patch
    Sanctura
    Vesicare
    Truvia
    and probably more I forget

Good luck, not much worse than pee'ing on yourself on the way to a party.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Quote Originally Posted by gypsylady View Post
    Hi I am on oxy meds they dont work on me . I havent found a medicine that helps yet but someday I may lol

I hated leaking and all so I had a Suprapubic Cath surgery it makes my sleeping alot easier .

What does your Urologist Reccomend ?
    Let me know please These pains are somewhat unbearable at times .
    I hope you get feeling better
    This is a great post
    Thank you
    Sincerely ;
    Gypsylady
    Can I ask what that particular surgery is and what you underwent? I'm seeing my doctor in Rancho and I'll bring it up. I've only seen my urologist once and that was when I increased the # of times I take it daily. He did mention some 'psychiatric' drug that helps really push it into working. I wasn't interested at the time, but I might look into it.

Otherwise, thanks for the info everyone.

I have been taking two Toviaz daily now for almost three months and I have not leaked a drop and have reduced my cathing from an average of 7 times a day to 4 and I am really happy with these results

OP, how often do you cath?? Have you considered wearing an external cath while you solve the issue?? They are a royal pain, and donĀ“t work very well for me but do for many people.
    T6 complete (or so I think), SCI since September 21, 2003

What about botox? Works for me..
    Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.