Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Apartment hunting decision matrix

Awesome place! Congrats!
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

Wow, I love your new apartment! Congrats!!

Quote Originally Posted by Them Bones View Post
    Yeah, i can reach all the microwave buttons, but cleaning it will be tough. And those cabinets will be empty except for the bottom shelves.

I had to find a place this month, the new job starts after the new year! If I didn't move by then I'd have an hour and a half commute each way!
    That place looks like downtown Lowell? Overlooking the river or canal? Congrats!!
    Tough Times Don't Last...Tough People Do!

Quote Originally Posted by Them Bones View Post
    Yeah, i can reach all the microwave buttons, but cleaning it will be tough.
    Put a glass plate on the bottom, so you never put something right on the bottom of the microwave, then you can take it out to wash it. I have a sponge on a stick thing, meant to clean the shower, that works to get to the back to wipe it, especially if you boil some water first, so the microwave is steamy. Just be SUPER careful taking out hot things! (My microwave is up too)
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Interesting, lots of old mill space in that area being converted into condos and apartments. That was a huge industrial area going back to the late 1800's and early 1900's. They had a good natural setup in that area with lots of flowing rivers running through the town. Are you on a river? I know the Merrimack runs through that area. Your moving from one old industrial area (Worcester) to another. Looks good, I'll bet the price was right too. Too bad they had not started converting those old mills to apts back 25 years ago when I was working in that area. I quit my job as an engineer as I could not find suitable housing back then as it was hard to come by and big bucks. I was commuting from Framingham MA to Chelmsford MA everyday which got old pretty quick after doing it for a year.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Smile Congratulations Pete on Your New Apt & Get Yourself A Mobile Standing FrameorWhlchair

Hi Pete,
    Congratulations on your new apartment. BOY! you sure found a suitable wheelchair friendly apartment in a hurry. You move fast. I suggest you try & get yourself either a mobile standing frame or a power or manual standing wheelchair in order to access your microwave & the upper kitchen cabinets.
    The Standing Wheelchair Company makes a standing wheelchair that is power & also make one that is manual w/a hydraulic standing feature. LEVO also makes a power standing wheelchair as well as PERMOBIL. I hope you have many happy years in your new home & best of luck to you on the new job.
    Hope to see you at the National Veterans Wheelchair Games this July in Denver Colorado. .

Take Care Pete,
    BOB