Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My heart hurts!

Quote Originally Posted by boc View Post
    My 73 year old Grandmother had a spinal bleed in october, paralyzed from the Nipple down, they call her a high para, She has had numerous problems since then, in and out of the hospital. Recently she has decided that she no longer wants to go on, and is refusing to drink or eat? I need some help!
    So sorry, I know how hurtful that is.

Up date on my husband

I have not been here in awhile. after bladder cancer surgery everything went down hill. My husband came home March 18 after 4 months in the hospital. Saddly 3 wks ago we found out he now has lung cancer. It could be slowed down with chemo but not cured, the doctor said maybe a year my husband decided not to have chemo

up date on husband

I wanted continue this cause I felt theres so much more to say, as a wife/ care giver I also am his protector his/ arm /legs /his voice when no body lisened . I have learned so much . People always ask How do you do it? You just do thats how. Just because somebody becomes disable doesnt make them less deserving. He is a fighter ,I pray he doesnt suffer , After his sci it felt like the world ended for a long time but you get on with life as its going to be because you have to but this is worse then I could ever imagine . Theres not a day that I dont look at him and already know how much Im going to miss him 31 yrs together I have decided one day at a time make memories while we have it.take all the good we have and make the best of it i thank this forum for all the people here all the information and kind words that have helped a lot of people . The world of sci is complicated to the normal person that has not been touched by sci So god bless

exhale, so sorry to hear...prayers and thoughts for all...God bless you both...

teena

Quote Originally Posted by exhale45 View Post
    I have not been here in awhile. after bladder cancer surgery everything went down hill. My husband came home March 18 after 4 months in the hospital. Saddly 3 wks ago we found out he now has lung cancer. It could be slowed down with chemo but not cured, the doctor said maybe a year my husband decided not to have chemo
    I'm sorry to hear that; I also support your husband's decision. If he has a year to live, I think he'll live it much more comfortably without chemo treatments. Quality of time is much more important than quantity. Maybe you two can go some place you always wanted and never been. If you're religious, maybe some place important to your religion would be nice and uplifting despite the circumstances. If you're not religious, maybe go some place serene and away from your everyday life so you two can just enjoy each other, talk, and be together in a new place.

I'm sorry for both of your impending losses.

sorry, prayers and wishing you both some measure of peace through ths
    Kindly,

The Ketamine Kitty

All the tears, all the pain, all the rage through the night (apolgies to the rewrite) RR

Next time I die make sure I'm gone,
    don't leave 'em nothing to work on JT

And I ain't nothin but a dream JM

Exhale, You are an amazing wife! With your strength beside him, he has come so far already. Keep up the fight together! You are in my thoughts and prayers!

Thank You

Iwas just reading the replies . Thank you all . I found The Dream Foundation its like make a wish only its for adults. My husband wants to go to Smack down / Raw live wrestling match . He would like to meet John Cena . IM WORKING ON THE APPLICATION. this would be nice for him , he loves wrestling

update on my husband

AS we move forward he has changed a lot . theres no conversations theres no smile he doesnt have it in him . He is quiet . Maybe thats his way of handling it , I try to talk to him . I try to get him to smile nothing. All I can do is be here. He has lost a lot of weight and he really doesnt want to eat much but I get him to eat a little bit more. Voice is getting hoarse . Thats a change I dont like . Its hard but Im here . I LOVE HIM . IM HEART BROKEN OVER THIS . ITS sad sad situation . I can and I TRY TO HELP ANY BODY HERE WITH ANY INFO I CAN GIVE THEM .

Oh, exhale. I remember coming to CC and reading some posts by an sci woman that I liked. She got breast cancer and died. I had to give up CC for a while then; it shook me up to realize that sci is no sort of all-clear for all the bad things that can happen.

Since then we have lost way too many.

Is there any chance of getting him to the RAW thing? Does he still want to go?

I'll pray for you both. I respect hiss decision; even more, I respect your unselfishness in granting him his desire.