Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: My heart hurts!

Exhale ,

I wish you both strenght and know that are many here whom think you of and pray for you both.
    Mioara
    Last edited by MioaraD; 05-14-2010 at 11:17 AM. Reason: spelling

As we move on he drives his wheelchair aimlessly around he cant steer it very .He sleeps alot and he doesnt talk much ; never smiles . I know he has shut down emotionally and I know he sleeps cause the body is reserving energy . The Cancer could have gone to the brain he has a few symptoms. Respite nurse thinks it might have . God wil take him when he needs him . Give him peace and me knowing he is not suffering , Never thought this could happen . Again exceptance comes with time

God grant me the serenity
    to accept the things I cannot change;
    courage to change the things I can;
    and wisdom to know the difference.

Obie
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

i offer prayers and hope you can both find peace
    Kindly,

The Ketamine Kitty

All the tears, all the pain, all the rage through the night (apolgies to the rewrite) RR

Next time I die make sure I'm gone,
    don't leave 'em nothing to work on JT

And I ain't nothin but a dream JM

pressure sore

after 11 yrs of praying he would never get one; he now has it . I know he has been blessed for 11yrs and I know things will and are going to happen its just soo frustrating, he lost so much weight . so now him being sick is more prone then ever. im going to see about a sitting ring or something any thing that will help at least a little . i turn him off of it at nite but he sits all day .

Exhale: Get as much protein into him as he will take, it will help with skin healing and integrity.

Continued thoughts and prayers your way.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

I don't even know what to say, but I want to say something.
    It sounds like you are making the best of things which is all we can do sometimes.
    It does make your heart hurt. I understand.

Exhale: Get as much protein into him as he will take, it will help with skin healing and integrity.

I was a Hospice nurse for 13 years so want to caution about pushing protein. It makes sense for wound healing however protein requires a more complex digestive process to breakdown the nutrient so it may create nausea, bloatedness etc. When our bodies are slowing down skin breakdown my be unavoidable. Do what you can but pushing him to eat certain foods, pushing him to eat in general or even take vitamins may backfire and make him less comfortable. My advice always was to take your cues from the patient. What does he want to eat? Don't worry about standard nutritional rules. He only eats a few bites - that's ok. The effort it takes him to eat a few more bites will not make a difference and it's not worth the discomfort or struggle.

Exhale - I just notice that you alsom mentioned a "sitting ring" which I think may be what I know of as a donut. Before you try that consult with someone that knows his situation directly. The inflatable rings with the hole in the center actually increase the pressure in other areas so are not used often. Talk to his doctor or nurse before trying it. If you have access to Hospice help I think they could provide you some support right now.

My thoughts and prayers are with you~

I feel bad for missing this... my thoughts and prayers are with you and your husband, Exhale.