Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My heart hurts!

My heart hurts!

M husband is c-5 c-7 incomplete sci. . He had his bladder removed nov 10
    ( bladder cancer) doc calls me a day or so later and tells me he now has prostate cancer . tells he he might be able to come home in a few days . I get a call from an icu doc that tells me they where called to his room they had to do cpr ventilate him . He vomited and it went in his lungs . He has been on a ventilater for a week they weened him down to 50% their talking about doing a trache. he is filled with fluid and there are bags and there are so many bags he is on antibiotics for an infection he has a presure sore behind the heel of his foot I worry about his behind 11 yrs injury never had one. He is fighting this just to fight anouther battle with cancer that I cant even tell him about yet. My heart breaks for him. He survived 11 yrs of sci and all that came with it this by far is the worse.

Dear exhale, I wish you the wisdom to know what to do. Prostate cancer is very treatable, BIL had it, 12 yrs later is hunting and riding cycles, his brother had it, same thing. The aspiration of fluids is another thing, that can be serious. Long time to get better, as does the c.
    Take it one step at a time, life is precious, however you do want to take into consideration his Inst. to Resus. It's really a tough situation, wish you and he, all the best, in decisions, and or recuperation. My prayers are with you.

exhale, so very sorry to hear of all you and your husband are going through right now. No great words of wisdom, unfortunately, but I wish you both brighter days ahead.

Exhale...

Sorry to hear about your situation. My hubby had prostate CA before his SCI and had a radical prostatectomy. As fishn'guy said... the condition is very treatable. Hang in there and know that we are thinking about you!

Quote Originally Posted by exhale45 View Post
    M husband is c-5 c-7 incomplete sci. . He had his bladder removed nov 10
    ( bladder cancer) doc calls me a day or so later and tells me he now has prostate cancer . tells he he might be able to come home in a few days . I get a call from an icu doc that tells me they where called to his room they had to do cpr ventilate him . He vomited and it went in his lungs . He has been on a ventilater for a week they weened him down to 50% their talking about doing a trache. he is filled with fluid and there are bags and there are so many bags he is on antibiotics for an infection he has a presure sore behind the heel of his foot I worry about his behind 11 yrs injury never had one. He is fighting this just to fight anouther battle with cancer that I cant even tell him about yet. My heart breaks for him. He survived 11 yrs of sci and all that came with it this by far is the worse.
    Hi, Dont be frustrate, Now prostrate cancer are easily cure.
    I was diagnosed with prostrate cancer one year ago, I have had radiotheraphy treatment, 28 treatments on the machine. I did not have any side effects and last week had the all clear. Just got to have PSA checked yearly.

The harder you fall, the higher you bounce.

I'm so sorry for your troubles.

Exhale, it must feel overwhelming. In the past, the word cancer usually was a death sentence. Not anymore. I had a relative who was diagnosed with prostate cancer and is doing great. Life has its challenges.. Sounds like he coded. I am sorry. Great he is weened down to 50% on the vent, and looks like he will continue to improve. Thinking of you..

Not sure why this has been brought forward again, but prostate cancer is VERY different from bladder cancer.

In addition, the OP was talking about her husband being critically ill in the ICU as a result of a complication. She has not been back here on our forums since Jan., so probably will not see your replies, but we don't know the condition of her husband at this time. While we would like an update, she has not posted since then, so we really don't know anything more.

(KLD)

SCI, missed it.. thanks. Hope he has recovered and she will let us know how he is doing.

My 73 year old Grandmother had a spinal bleed in october, paralyzed from the Nipple down, they call her a high para, She has had numerous problems since then, in and out of the hospital. Recently she has decided that she no longer wants to go on, and is refusing to drink or eat? I need some help!