Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What size are the 2 screws that hold the casters in on the tilite wider fork

What size are the 2 screws that hold the casters in on the tilite wider fork

Im switching my casters out and wanna replace those sorry ass philip head screws tilite uses w/ shcs. Whats the size
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Just call Frogs Legs and ask for the "Wide Axel Kit". They will send you new screws (that have the hex head) as well as 4 spacers, ONE for each side of the caster. This wide axel kit has been a lifesaver for me when I have to take my casters off to get hair out, clean out sand from casters (I frequent the beach), etc. No more dropping tiny spacers that TiLite provides and needing to use needle nose pliers to get the suckers in place.
    ~Mandy~
    SCI as a result of spinal surgery
    TiLite Aero Z!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    Im switching my casters out and wanna replace those sorry ass philip head screws tilite uses w/ shcs. Whats the size
    M4 x 10mm

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    M4 x 10mm
    Actually they are 10-32 x 3/8"L

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    Actually they are 10-32 x 3/8"L
    I think it`s the same, but i use milimeters because that is what we use here.

its different toto, thread pitch will be different from metric v standard.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

hey toto, word of advice, buy (or get someone else to) a cheap set of american allen keys, because the metric sizes are different - and even though many of the internal measurements are metric, i have to use mine all the time to adjust anything thats meant to be user-accessible (i have a tilite tr)

I just can say that i changed the casters of a ZR for aluminium softroll last weekend and the bolts of the casters hub was M4 x 10mm, and that ZR was bought only a few months ago.
    I tried with the bolts of the pic(they have that measurement) and they fit perfect, you only need a different head, like this one http://www.tastynuts.com/Products/Bolts_Dome_Head

I thought the thread pitch was the same, regardless of head size or screw length. I'd been taught that metric or standard only describe the tool interface, not the thread pattern or the length (3/8" = ~9.6mm, btw). IIRC, the "M" in the "M4" denotes machine thread which I always thought was the same with either metric or standard hex heads.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Quote Originally Posted by DaleB View Post
    I thought the thread pitch was the same, regardless of head size or screw length. I'd been taught that metric or standard only describe the tool interface, not the thread pattern or the length (3/8" = ~9.6mm, btw). IIRC, the "M" in the "M4" denotes machine thread which I always thought was the same with either metric or standard hex heads.
    Metric and "standard" thread pitches are indeed different. I found posts 3-6 in this thread in this other forum helpful in understanding the differences.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89805