Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Was Barbie Always Such a ...

Was Barbie Always Such a ...

ho? Seriously. Anyone who peruses clothing for the Mattel doll will be inundated by stunning array of ghetto fabulous attire.

I don't remember Barbie being quite so sluttacular, but yep. She often is.

Barbie clothing is on a little girl's wish list for Christmas. This child is not in my bio fam and has zero in good role modeling within her own bio fam and community.

Anyway, I've settled on a nurse uniform, flight attendant uniform, casual jeans with jacket and Pet Vet Barbie. I get that the flight attendant and nurse unis are quite possibly sexist. What I've chosen for this child is about as good as it gets.

There are no lawyer, banker, professor, neuroscientist, college student or even graduating from high school Barbies. Still I hope this little girl will get the idea she can break away from her roots, her environment and still have fun playing and pretending with the idea of a better life. If Barbie can, why can't she?

BTW, am I the last to know Ken is gay?

Oh yeah. Even when Barbie used to dress more conservatively during the week she was still pretty slutty on the weekends.

Have you seen the PETA Barbie?

Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

I've very much against allowing children to dress sexually. It's not appropriate for girls to want to Jon Benet themselves. Let children be children and not give them overt sexual messages that are intended for their adulthood.

How does PETA have any credibility when they do stuff like this? Really...? Are they using a pregnant woman to represent a "cow?"

Quote Originally Posted by gpbullock View Post
    How does PETA have any credibility when they do stuff like this? Really...? Are they using a pregnant woman to represent a "cow?"
    I don't know, but I'd milk her if she requested the need. I got pretty good on the ranch in the summer back when I was a boy...

But maybe she's not pregnant, maybe she's just a lil chubby

USDA Classifies PETA as a Terrorist Threat

Thanks!

Hell yes, Barbie was a ho! Look at the shape of her feet -- built for stripper shoes!

I commend you on trying to pick outfits for professionals, LaMem, but I gotta tell you that Nurse Barbie and Flight Attendant Barbie both sound like they come from straight from the Hooker Barbie Catalog.

Want to really model something positive for her? Get her Barbie's friend Becky, Paralympic Champion instead.

It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

Wow, that is cool HipCripGirl. I didn't know Becky even existed. I might pick a few up for some of my many nieces.
    Quote Originally Posted by thehipcrip View Post
    Hell yes, Barbie was a ho! Look at the shape of her feet -- built for stripper shoes!

I commend you on trying to pick outfits for professionals, LaMem, but I gotta tell you that Nurse Barbie and Flight Attendant Barbie both sound like they come from straight from the Hooker Barbie Catalog.

Want to really model something positive for her? Get her Barbie's friend Becky, Paralympic Champion instead.

Thanks!

The little girl may just get another doll, too. Thanks, THC, for pointing me to an athletic, achieving Barbie friend.

I'm concerned for this child. Those in her community, both male and female, rarely get through high school. The drop out rate is astonishing and poverty not only abounds, but is oppressive beyond comprehension. The people in her area only recently got a clean drinking water source (this is in the US), and yet, she knew about and wants a Barbie and doll clothes.

Hannah Montana was second on her list.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Fran├žais View Post
    I've very much against allowing children to dress sexually. It's not appropriate for girls to want to Jon Benet themselves. Let children be children and not give them overt sexual messages that are intended for their adulthood.
    It bothers me when the kid toys are provocative. I'm glad when kids don't dress like prostiTots, but dolls can be age inappropriate, too.
    Last edited by LaMemChose; 12-04-2009 at 12:57 AM. Reason: typo!