Quote Originally Posted by crags View Post

Especially if blowing you off puts you in a bad position health, safety and anxiety wise. Big problem with respect here. Like they have none for you.
I agree with everything you said, especially what is quoted above. I think it all boils down to those two sentences. But unfortunately either way I am screwed. I can't afford to fire her right now. And she knows that. And the idea that she takes advantage of that makes me angry. And humliated that I am in the situation of being that depedent upon her in the first place. But that is where I am.

I have thought about firing her. Many times. But reality is I am in no position to do that until I know there is somebody to hire to replace her. And right now there isn't. I have been trying for the past 8 weeks or so to hire a replacement for the other night person for maternity leave. I don't know what is more stressful, having her constantly blow of shifts or having to find two night staff, when I can't even find one.

Sorry for the negative tone. I am just very stressed today about this. I appreciated your reply very much. It gave me some things to think about.