Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I have a black eye

I have a black eye

I managed a face plant in the shower. Me and the water spout don't get along, it won.
    So anyone know anyway to cover it, make it heal faster or something?? It happened Friday morning and has grown progressively darker. I have a presentation tomorrow and this sucks. It's hard enough to get up in front of people you don't know at times, now I come complete with a wheelchair and a shiner. Nice....
    It is mainly my eyelid not as bad underneath thank goodness. I need Kristi's makeup artistry I think. But I don't wear a lot of makeup so I don't know how to do that without looking like a clown.
    Anyone have a magic solution?
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

Oh ow. Basically, you'd want to cover it with some skin color cover-up. I'd do both eyelids (so they match). Then use some sort of eye shadow, just so it looks like you meant to have make-up there. Maybe a touch of mascera, just so it looks "made-up".

Cold witch hazel compresses will take out the discoloration faster but maybe not fast enough for tomorrow. The sooner you apply it after a boo boo, the better it works. I keep it in the frig all the time. It will sting on broken skin, so don't use it there. Good luck.
    My blog: Living Life at Butt Level

Ignite Phoenix #9 - Wheelchairs and Wisdom: Living Life at Butt Level

"I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit."

Dawna Markova Author of Open Mind.

I did a quick google search and this sounds like something that might help! Sorry to hear about the spill. Hope it heals quick!

http://www.ehow.com/how_2091286_cover-up-black-eye.html

Thanks. I'll try the witch hazel and go dig through my daughters makeup. Sad she has a drawer full of makeup and knows how to use it. I have a little bag and don't know how to use it. She's at her dad's until Wed though.
    The trouble is it is where my eye and nose meet that it is the darkest. I think I'm out of luck. Too bad I can't wear sunglasses.
    SCI the gift that just won't stop giving....
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

Ouch! Simply smile at them and no one will notice the eye over the beautiful smile!
    Every day I wake up is a good one

Use foundation/coverup first then a plum color for eyeshadow.
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

Ouch, ouch, ouch! Damned foreign object wins again. Hope you're better soon.

Just smack the other one and people will think it's normal. If you get questions, tell them you just couldn't sleep last night.
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

I was gonna say, if you can't disguise it, make a really funny quip about it, so it'll slide on by.