Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Petite Sirloin and a Vegetable Smorgasboard

Petite Sirloin and a Vegetable Smorgasboard

Sirloin......MY FAVORITE! Along with marinated grilled vegetables. Nice healthy and beefy!

More pic's and tutorial at The Wolfe Pit

Larry
    ------
    Visit - The Wolfe Pit Channel

Looks awesome as usual! I was suffering from withdrawal, waiting for you to put up a new one!

I do grilled marinated veggies sometimes, slightly different marinade (about an hour):

olive oil
    balsamic vinegar
    chopped garlic
    cracked black pepper

I love the taste of balsamic vinegar.

The word is Danish and it is called smørgåsbord and as I know the food should be cold for being called that.
    TH 12, 43 years post

Quote Originally Posted by woman from Europe View Post
    The word is Danish and it is called smørgåsbord and as I know the food should be cold for being called that.
    Well, you may be right.....I always thought it meant a 'spread of food'.

Here's the definition that came up when I googled.....Smörgåsbord is a Swedish word which refers to a type of Scandinavian meal served buffet-style with multiple dishes of various foods on a table.
    Larry
    ------

Those both look good to me. I am a vegetable freak.

I made roasted winter vegetables. I use gold beets (red ones turn the whole dish red) and parsnips, small (boiler size) whole onions, butternut squash, baby carrots, some green and some yellow squash, fire roasted and peeled red peppers, sweet potatoes, yams and just about any other kind of veggie you can think of. The summer squashes will cook much faster than the others so add them last or not at all.

Toss the peeled and cut pieces (the harder vegetables have been par-boiled) in olive oil and my own special spice mix. Then I put them in the hamburger basket and roast them over the grill until tender. You can bake them in the oven too. You can string them on skewers if you like and they look pretty cool served that way next to a juicy steak.

Makes a whole lot of veggies and you will have to cook and fill the basket more than once, but they can be frozen to use later. To freeze the cooked vegetables, spread them out on a cookie sheet in the freezer and then when they are frozen, bag them up in portions for however many you have to serve.

I do this at least once every year in the fall and have the veggies for the times I am tempted to just open a can of something.
    Anything worth doing, is worth doing to excess

Sorry, I meant Swedish. A smørgås is a slice of bread with something upon, In Norwegian it is called smørbrød
    TH 12, 43 years post

Sirlion is my favorite also. Usually do a reverse sear and it turns out extremely juicy.
    "Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and other people may not be able to tell the difference."

What's a reverse sear?

Quote Originally Posted by TAM63 View Post
    What's a reverse sear?
    Yes, 24/7 knows their stuff!!!!

Reverse Sear works great, especially on leaner cuts of meat like sirloin, round, pork loin and poultry as well. What it basically does is 'tempers' the meat versus shocking it on a screaming hot grill. The outcome is an extremely moist and tender cut and in the case of beef, will give you a uniform rareness through the entire cut, vs. having grey outter edges and a cold center.

I didn't do it for the sirloins in this post as they were too thin. But when I do it for a thicker cut of sirloin or top round, I will cook indirect in the 245º-260º range until the meat hit 105º internal temperature. Then I remove the meat from the grill, crank the heat on the grill and then finish the meat with a quick sear until I get an internal temp of around 125º for medium rare.....there will be a few degrees of carryover cooking, so it will climb to 130º or a touch more.

Here's an example of a london broil.

Cook indirect

At 125º

The sear

The finished product.

Larry
    ------

May I come to dinner at your house please?

Puleeeeeeeze?????

That looks awesome, you are truly the master of the grill!