Thread: Life…

Smile Life…

I know that sometimes things (read life) seam imposable but eventually it does get better.

I try to look at everything that has happened to me over the years as being something good, even though at times it felt like the cosmos were having a great time at my expense.

I know that it probably seams impossible right now for many folks but it WILL GET BETTER!

Keep your chin up because a strong positive attitude will create more miracles than any wonder drug and always try to see the good in all that takes place in your life and things will eventually take a turn for the better.

I believe very strongly that life is not a matter of having good cards, but of playing a poor hand well and that if you keep a positive attitude the world will eventually respond in a positive way

Always try to remember that it doesn’t matter how many times you get knocked down, but how many times you get up and ALWAYS be thankful for what you have because you'll end up having more.

Within the first four years after my motorcycle accident I went through a divorce, lost my home, lost my brother, lost my mother and was assaulted by an obviously mentally disturbed individual and stabbed multiple times with a knife.

Then, when I thought life couldn’t get any worse, I lost my apartment to a fire, my car got totaled by a drunk driver and I was hospitalized for three months due to the accident.

When I got out of the hospital, I had no place to go. I lived on the street for that entire summer.

What good could come of that? I hear you asking…

Well…

While searching for a way to pick myself up and rebuild my apparently shattered life I ran into a guy that worked for an agency that offered affordable housing to disabled individuals and they were willing to let me move in with very little money up front. I sold what little I could and managed to come up with enough to move in.

Shortly after I got into my apartment I was doing my laundry at the complex Laundromat and I ran into a woman who eventually introduced me to her boss, a man that ran a local organization that provided homes to mentally disabled individuals.

He hired me as a home care provider for a young mentally challenged man and I moved into a bigger place. Then I was hired to provide care for an older gentleman.

Within a year I managed to buy a house and am now making really good living working for an organization that is making a difference and doing something that is helping others make a difference in their lives.

It really does get better!!!
    Never let life discourage you - everyone who got where he is had to begin where he was.

Good post, you are right, things can and do change with time.

I see your from VT. Do you know Patrick from Burlington, he does a lot with organizing sports through an Organization called "Northeast Disabled Athletic Association" If your interesting in trying sailing or any other sports like handcycling or sled hockey, they are the ones to contact. I do the Vermont City Marathon every year in May on my Handcycle, its a great course, a 26 miler.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

I don't know who you are, but thank you for this post. It was much needed.
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

Great post & so very true.

Thanks for lifting me up and congrats on all the wonderful gifts God gave you!

god has nothing to do w/ sci mona.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Hey Curt

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
    Good post, you are right, things can and do change with time.

I see your from VT. Do you know Patrick from Burlington, he does a lot with organizing sports through an Organization called "Northeast Disabled Athletic Association" If your interesting in trying sailing or any other sports like handcycling or sled hockey, they are the ones to contact. I do the Vermont City Marathon every year in May on my Handcycle, its a great course, a 26 miler.
    I'm familiar wit the Organization "Northeast Disabled Athletic Association" and I think I have met Patrick but cant put a face to him.
    Never let life discourage you - everyone who got where he is had to begin where he was.