Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: graduated

I now can walk for most of the morning in my house with just one cane (still no feeling in my left leg except constant pain) but end up in the w/c for outings as I still have about a 20 minute time 'limit' before I hurt so bad I fall. Still gonna work on it, though!

So, last year, I missed the cancer walk/relay because my DJD & DDD were aggravated (& added to) by my bike wreck, but I'm going to give it a try this year. My oldest boy usually walks as well, and helps with the set up & tear down (he's walking for me, my mom & my two ((expired)) aunts), so I'll have him walk beside me to help support me if needed. He raised almst $400 for cancer research 2 years ago.
    I need to get him into an SCI fundraiser!

gah! knowhill that avatar is ewee!

very cool rev coleen. look how far from that first post.

What the heck?!
    I woke last Wednesday in horrible pain - like when I first was injured - and it hasn't let up! I don't understand - maybe I slept wrong or something - I tried to do my exercises, but it just made the pain worse, and now I'm having trouble walking with a single cane even in my own house! (I wear an AFO) I'm supposed to have at LEAST another year or two before I start backsliding! AHHHHHHH!!!!!

The VA is re-doing all the tests that I had a year ago, including the EMG. That doesn't bother me, since I didn't feel a thing last time, but why is the test showing that my nerves are "normal" when there's no feeling & foot drop? I'm confused

Quote Originally Posted by Coleen View Post
    The VA is re-doing all the tests that I had a year ago, including the EMG. That doesn't bother me, since I didn't feel a thing last time, but why is the test showing that my nerves are "normal" when there's no feeling & foot drop? I'm confused
    Proabably they mean your peripheral nerves are normal.....but the spinal cord is not so that's why no feeling/foot drop. My guess.
    2012 SCINetUSA Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks. Even the docs couldn't give me a hint - that sound reasonable.